The Inside Trunk

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Did the interior of the trunk for a 1977 Dodge Aspen come with a trunk panel board on carpet or just a lay down thick carpet or some kind of rubber map?. Anyone have a picture. Thank You.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The floor COULD have molded carpet, only if it was ordered with the option. The side panels are just carpet that glues to the inside of the 1/4 panel and it could also have a tail panel cover. Fold down seat also had hinge covers of some sort. I've located those also and hope to put them in even though I don't have a fold down seat.
Here's mine (currently a work in progress but you get the idea) Personally I've never seen one with a vinyl mat, only bare or carpeted. Unsure how mine came originally. When I bought it in '87 it was bare except for the plastic tail panel cover.

DSCF0001 (1).JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I think I will just use some black carpet of some sort and maybe a little panel board around where the spare tire sits. Even if it didn't come with carpet hell for me it will be good enough. Those pictures look good to me even if not finished. Something is always better then nothing.

I tell you what there is always something needing to be done on the aspen it keeps me pretty busy that's for sure. But I enjoy tinkering with it and seeing the work done after wards sure does make me feel good. Even if I bump my head a few times. Nice to have a site online where people take pride in all the work that they do.

Last edited:
Back