The perfect F wagon is finally coming of age

slantman

Reaction score
Under hood.

069.JPG

Justwondering

Reaction score
Slantman -- somehow I see you standing next to that car in a a white suit and hat (like Ricardo Montalban) sipping some fancy drink and shmoozing with the crowd under a palm tree.

or maybe I watched a rerun of fantasy island on tv last night ...hmmmm

Mr C

Reaction score
For me- I love the wallpaper wagons! Reminds me of my youth. Woodgrain is a must for me on a wagon.

Last edited:

slantman

Reaction score
Good call Chris, At least 4 years, maybe 5 @ Carlisle Thank you, it's improved the "show" at Daytona's Turkey run the last 3 years,

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I've had two Woodies; a dark green 77, and a yellow 79. I bought the 77 in around 1980 for $1100Can. and the 79 I bought in about 84 for $100Can; but it had some burned valves.
I wore those cars out,hauling my kids around, and they went to the crusher. I bought them cuz they were cheap, reliable,and we needed to haul babies and baby-stuff.
I had no respect for them at the time, and although they were both teener/autos, I always thought they were tanks.
Oh, if I only had one today........

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I was looking around on CL last night, and found the '77 Volare wagon that was on EB that I cited on this post originally. So, apparently, it didn't sell. I didn't think to note where it was, but I think it was out west somewhere. The seller was using many of the same pics on the CL listing as they did on EB. Looking at the closeup of the rear quarters, it looks like it did have rust repair. But, that wouldn't be any surprise really. Still, a really nice, nice looking wagon. Sort of surprised it didn't sell.
s-l1600 (1).jpg

slantman

Reaction score
Reopening the "old" wagon thread, I had to take the four speed out of the shop to do some Harley painting so I took a spin downtown and over to the beach. The old slant ran flawlessly, trans shifted like butter, the air blew cold and the "Thumbs up's"were many. It's now time to lay Him up for the summer as I go north... But the disscision to add power steering in the fall or put it up for sale??? I've done way more to this Wag. than most posting here and short of a performance eight (and then with a VERY good running Slant why would I) the project is done, part of my thought process!!! Headed north to north western Pa. at the end of May. Will spend the summer looking at other's projects, checking out vintage Bikes (Mid Ohio} various tractor shows Etc. Thinking and comparing what I've got verses what's next!!!

Back