The Story Of My Blvd Bruiser

crayzcuda

Reaction score
"A Quiet Summer Day"

With a quick vitals check and tune, it was ready for a little rip around the neighborhood. So I bolted another fiberglass bucket seat in because my boy wanted to go for a ride too. It was a Wednesday morning when we went for our test drive, everybody should be at work.

Sure was a different animal from the 340. I'm glad I put those "Sticky Mickeys" on for the test run. The first stab into the throttle, it went a little sideways and they got sticky real quick, picking up and chucking pebbles all over the place.

So, nonchalantly driving through the 'hood, I heard what sounded like a tool falling on the road, so I figured I had better put it away before I get into any trouble. Uh, maybe just one more mash on the pedal. Well, this time it hooked like it never hooked before. Lifting the front end up to the point I couldn't see over the radiator. Yeeaahh!!! That was fun!
Now it was really time to put it away and find out what fell on the ground.

Walking back down the road laughing with my boy looking for what fell, we were amazed with how many of the neighbors were now having their coffee's outside. Wow, where did they all come from... nobody work? Turned out to be a wrench that fell, so not to attract attention to myself, I had my boy pick it up "Look dad, I found a wrench!" I don't think we fooled anyone.

Now with the 440, a set of 4.10 gears, factory high stall converter and the major weight reduction, there was no doubt that the Aspen was going to make a wicked Blvd Bruiser.

Not much of a family cruiser though.

TO BE CONTINUED........

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
"A Quiet Summer Day"

With a quick vitals check and tune, it was ready for a little rip around the neighborhood. So I bolted another fiberglass bucket seat in because my boy wanted to go for a ride too. It was a Wednesday morning when we went for our test drive, everybody should be at work.

Sure was a different animal from the 340. I'm glad I put those "Sticky Mickeys" on for the test run. The first stab into the throttle, it went a little sideways and they got sticky real quick, picking up and chucking pebbles all over the place.

So, nonchalantly driving through the 'hood, I heard what sounded like a tool falling on the road, so I figured I had better put it away before I get into any trouble. Uh, maybe just one more mash on the pedal. Well, this time it hooked like it never hooked before. Lifting the front end up to the point I couldn't see over the radiator. Yeeaahh!!! That was fun!
Now it was really time to put it away and find out what fell on the ground.

Walking back down the road laughing with my boy looking for what fell, we were amazed with how many of the neighbors were now having their coffee's outside. Wow, where did they all come from... nobody work? Turned out to be a wrench that fell, so not to attract attention to myself, I had my boy pick it up "Look dad, I found a wrench!" I don't think we fooled anyone.

Now with the 440, a set of 4.10 gears, factory high stall converter and the major weight reduction, there was no doubt that the Aspen was going to make a wicked Blvd Bruiser.

Not much of a family cruiser though.

TO BE CONTINUED........
That's why you have two or more cars...I call my 440 my ground pounder and my 318 my cruiser

Back