SOLD Thermo Batt Box, What are they worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Contact seller
Whats the going rate on a nos thermo batt box, I think its actually for a 78 F and others maybe but does fit a 76-77 F if you wanted to use a full size battery and the vent inlet aligns up with the front core support just as it should.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is one part that will be on the high end, there just are not many around. Ya cant even find good pics of nos ones on the web, none of the nos parts houses show any and alot of nice cars are still sporting 40 year old boxes.

I just cant put a battery up front any more on most any cars, thought maybe of using it as a batt cover for the trunk mount.

Who knows.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I remember when I went to Colorado to buy OY, I just offhandedly happened to ask the seller if he had seen the battery box, because the rest of the car was still so original, and he said "Sure, it's over there somewhere." pointing to a pile of wheels next to his garage. He apparently thought it wasn't significant enough to bother to keep and just tossed it aside. So, I did get it, but I have never used it as the newer battery hold-down unit looks nicer and is likely stronger.
Davids Camera 151.JPG

XfbodyX

Reaction score
They still use the metal J hooks and metal cross bar. Just some is covered and not seen.

No matter the mounts, the tray is still a weak pos stamped out unit not maounted well either.

Trey

Reaction score
Are they similar to the J body battery box? I need one also. The one in our car had a hacksaw taken to it over the years to get an incorrect battery to fit and it's now split under one of the bolts that secure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back