throttle cable stock or other

slant6billy

Reaction score
My heavy right foot just did a number on the throttle cable to my friends wagon. It doesn't help that I had it rigged to the edelbrock. So, it shredded the cable from the fixed bracket at the back of the manifold to where I connected it to the carb. So at that point: do I go stock replacement or Aftermarket?

What is the part number for stock, anyone know for FMJ 4bbls?

Anyone use the Mr Gasket?

Lokar?

Spectre

Other suggestions or the universal "Help" isle pick?

I kind of have to get something quick - like tomorrow (Sunday)

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks man!I notice as we switched up carbs the cable was gaining tension. The Edelbrock had a slightly further from the firewall stop than the holley or stock. We had used the edelbrock 1/2 " spacer. The throttle did not close all the way when the pedal was up. My thinking (well after I realized the screw up). The heavy return spring on the carb setup may have been why the clevis ripped from the cable. I did see an extension piecefor 10 bucks, but also loosening the cable restraint on the manifold could get that 1/2 inch back. Napa was closed, so I hit Autozone. They had the exact fit part no 025692. Unfortunately, 2 days out. I also discovered a fuel leak at the carb, so we'll be switching the carb out for a 3rd time. Another Edelbrock perhaps.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Throttle cable part # 4027355 318-360 4bbl 78-80,hope this helps

slant6billy

Reaction score
thanks 80. The geographic murphy's law..... none in stock locally. Plus, I just looked at the one in my hand that I trashed- the numbers on it don't match either. I think this was replaced in the last 35 years with the incorrect one. Part No. printed on it: 02417A

NoCar340

Reaction score
I have a number of cables hanging in my garage, all FMJ except one big-block B-body piece. I won't next-day air one, but I could get it out pretty quickly by shipping it through work. UPS doesn't stop every day so next day is not a good plan.

The Edelbrock (and Holley) both require the additional bracket for the throttle cable. It corrects the geometry both front-to-rear and sideways, relieving stress on the cable and housing. I consider it a must-have part, and for the little they cost it's well worth it. Just because it was made to work doesn't mean it's working correctly.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I was thinking that a bracket or extension must exist, because this is a common upgrade. So do you have a picture or part No for such a bracket? Thanks for the offer for the cable. That one from autozone was 25 bucks and I'll have it by Tuesday. I may have a 600 Edelbrock from a smallblock Challenger that is going 440 for Christmas. So the Wagon will be running by Tuesday night. Thanks.

slant6billy

Reaction score
edl-1473_w_ml.jpg
edl-1481_ml.jpg
edl-1843_w_ml.jpg

i have it thanks

edl-1473_w_ml.jpg

edl-1481_ml.jpg

edl-1843_w_ml.jpg

Back