to iso clamp or not to iso clmp?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Here are some flat ones but kid of pricy.

Spring U-bolts

I've never had a problem with them crimping the axle housing, it's pretty thick metal. I always thought the flatness was to keep them u-bolts square so there's less chance of them moving around. The linked ones note gripper pattern which I thought the origina ones also have. Altho I'm usually only looking at them long enough to chuck them out after they have to be cut off.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Chances of crimping the axle tubes are slim unless the nuts way over torqued. IIRC, the torque spec is only 45 ft lbs.

picklesgarage

Reaction score
good to know. hadn't gotten to worrying about that yet. pads and u bolts came in yesterday and should have the clamps tomorrow if the tracking is correct. it will be nice to get back to driving it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I just double checked to be sure I was giving correct info and, the u-bolt torque spec is 45 ft lbs. I've seen guys tightening the nuts with an impact until the socket stops moving or a 24" breaker bar as tight as they can go. Makes me cringe.:eek:

picklesgarage

Reaction score
A little thin coming out

received_227047238701991.jpeg

picklesgarage

Reaction score
did the shocks a couple days after and that made a huge difference in ride and noise. used KYB GR-2/ Excel-Gs on all four corners. bonus there was a $25 rebate.

Back