Top 5 Dream Mopars

NoCar340

Reaction score
The crowning moment will be the last two items I put on the car: the "340 FOUR BARREL" hood emblems and the Pistol Grip shifter, both of which I still have from the car I had 27 years ago. That Pistol Grip is one of the nicest originals I've ever seen; the car only had 77,000 miles on it when I sold it with the condition that I got to keep those parts.

My imp

Reaction score
It comes with a "metric sh!t ton" of new parts, too. Interior, Rallye hood, dash pad, etc.

The plan is to recreate the car I had right after high school, but without all the rust. I did the stripes in my parents' garage with a rattle can, believe it or not:

View attachment 5361

Anyone wanting to pin stripe their rides, I have (2) Bugler pin stripe machines. You can borrow it for free, but I need a security deposit on the machine. I have all (8) different profiles (including double stripes) & the magnetic guide strip & arms. MUCH better than vinyl tape! Doesn't lift, crack, peel, or fade. Plus, you can paint any hard to find color that you can't find in vinyl tape. The magnetic strip sure helps as a guide! PM me, or stop me at a show this year. If you bring your paint & thinner, we'll consume some adult beverages, & then stripe it right there! If you have a body line to rst the guide arm on, you can do a side in a couple minutes! With better than factory results!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Here's one of my dream Mopars.....

CaptainJanuary.jpg

Okay okay.....I know.....I already have it.
Now let me explain.....
A couple of years back Mopar Action had a spread on a 1970 Valiant
I can't remember the guy's name who did the resto but they've featured a few of his cars and he wins craploads of awards all the time.
He does really nice by the book resto's
Everything has to look like the day it left the factory.
You'd have to read the article but basically this guy does Charger's, Super Bees....that kind of thing....but he found this plain Jane slant six Valiant and dropped around $20,000 into it.....this thing was "as it left the factory"
Just outstanding! And to see a fully restored slant sitting in the bay....just sweet.
Anyway....my "Dream Mopar" is doing the same treatment on my Caravelle
Only thing stopping me is a big pile of money and time.
Dang lottery holding me up again.....

My imp

Reaction score
1st gen. Viper with the real windows & A/C
'96 Viper GTS
'69 Daytona w/426 HEMI/4 spd
'67-'69 Dart GSS convertible w/aluminum 426 HEMI/OD A/T (wife might want to drive it!)
'71 GTX w/426 HEMI/4 spd

My imp

Reaction score
The one I always wanted most, I already have it, My Imp, the '81 Imperial. The only thing holding me up, is I don't have a garage for extra long projects. When spring finally breaks for good, I can probably have two weeks max! In the old days, maybe. Now? Idk. I may have enough time to do the body & paint, but will my back hold up? Maybe. The last non-customer car I did was 31 yrs ago. My wife helped me block the car in my little sister's, too little crochet bikini. Nine months later, my son was born. Block sanding causes pregnancy!

ramenth

Reaction score
Here's one of my dream Mopars.....

CaptainJanuary.jpg

Okay okay.....I know.....I already have it.
Now let me explain.....
A couple of years back Mopar Action had a spread on a 1970 Valiant
I can't remember the guy's name who did the resto but they've featured a few of his cars and he wins craploads of awards all the time.
He does really nice by the book resto's
Everything has to look like the day it left the factory.
You'd have to read the article but basically this guy does Charger's, Super Bees....that kind of thing....but he found this plain Jane slant six Valiant and dropped around $20,000 into it.....this thing was "as it left the factory"
Just outstanding! And to see a fully restored slant sitting in the bay....just sweet.
Anyway....my "Dream Mopar" is doing the same treatment on my Caravelle
Only thing stopping me is a big pile of money and time.
Dang lottery holding me up again.....

Here's a write up on that Valiant from the restorer who did that car. It's a good read and can open a lot of eyes into what goes into a concourse.

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?7098-SURVIVOR-vs-GROUND-UP-RESTORATION!

brotherGood

Reaction score
That's why I watch Graveyard Carz. A majority of the restos they do, are to factory spec. Using as much properly date coded stuff as possible..whether it be original, NOS, or repop. They have a setup to mock the process of how the engine/front suspension and rear suspension was installed on the car at the factory..rather than just putting them on.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Here's a write up on that Valiant from the restorer who did that car. It's a good read and can open a lot of eyes into what goes into a concourse.

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/forum/showthread.php?7098-SURVIVOR-vs-GROUND-UP-RESTORATION!

Robert.....
Thank you so much for posting that thread.
All I know is the name Dave....don't even know his last name
But he does absolutely beautiful work.
That Valiant resto is just outstanding.
All of his cars are....but I just love the idea that so much time and care was put into what most people would consider a lowly pedestrian variety of car.
To see all the detail is fantastic and just to see a slant done like that gives me a fuzzy feeling....thanks again Robert.

BTW....didn't know you were a mod there....

ramenth

Reaction score
Robert.....
Thank you so much for posting that thread.
All I know is the name Dave....don't even know his last name
But he does absolutely beautiful work.
That Valiant resto is just outstanding.
All of his cars are....but I just love the idea that so much time and care was put into what most people would consider a lowly pedestrian variety of car.
To see all the detail is fantastic and just to see a slant done like that gives me a fuzzy feeling....thanks again Robert.

BTW....didn't know you were a mod there....

You're welcome.

A lot of folks don't know what goes into a concourse (I've done one in my career) and plan on doing another with my '69 Sport Satellite. As what might be the only one of its kind still left and being an unusual car to boot, I figure that's the only way to go with it.

I've been a mod over there now for a couple of years, I believe. I have a blast doing it.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You're welcome.

A lot of folks don't know what goes into a concourse (I've done one in my career) and plan on doing another with my '69 Sport Satellite. As what might be the only one of its kind still left and being an unusual car to boot, I figure that's the only way to go with it.

I've been a mod over there now for a couple of years, I believe. I have a blast doing it.

The guy who did the Valiant....what is his last name?
He does amazing work.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
And of course, there is always this:

Chrysler_ME_Four-Twelve_Concept.jpg

The extremely high techy nature of this would probably result in very high maintenance costs, and possibly reliability issues, but 850 HP in a 2888 lb car should move pretty good.

I didn't put this in my original picks because it really isn't available.

Kostas

Chrysler_ME_Four-Twelve_Concept.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
And of course, there is always this:

View attachment 5367

The extremely high techy nature of this would probably result in very high maintenance costs, and possibly reliability issues, but 850 HP in a 2888 lb car should move pretty good.

I didn't put this in my original picks because it really isn't available.

Kostas

I'd say she'd have a bit of pick up.....

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The M4S would have been far more practical than the ME412. M4S was a hotted up 3.3L turbo, but even so, made 440 HP. Far more than enough to take on the Corvettes of the day, and even the lower end Corvettes of today. The ME412, a quad turbo lightweight V12 would have been closer to the Bugatti Veyron, and probably far more expensive than even a ZR1 Corvette or current Viper. Then again, it would have left both of them in the dust, as the ME412 was estimated to do 248 MPH. I would think it would have been in the $300-400K price range. Still a lot less than the Bugatti Veyron (at >$1M).

Kostas

NoCar340

Reaction score
The M4S was actually a turbocharged, intercooled 2.2L 4-banger making 440HP. The 3.3L engine didn't even exist at the time. I saw the car in person at a PPG shindig way back when it was the new PPG Pace Car. The paint on the show car cost something like $27,000 back in the mid-'80s, and unless you've seen it in person it's really hard to grasp how incredibly pretty that paint is. Even the promotional poster I got at the seminar, taken with perfect lighting on a black background, simply did not do the color justice.

Back