TORSION BAR BRACKETS

CM360

Reaction score
I've done 2 F and 1 M and all the brackets that hold the bushing for the torsion bars were fused into one piece. Chiseled, pried and cut them in order to get to the bushings. Since I could not replacements, I had to weld and shape them for reuse. Did anyone find a source? The bushings are available.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
No source as far as I know. I have one set of unmolested original mopar replacement brackets that I intend to use as models for reproductions but that's a long ways off.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Unless the bushings have been replaced at some point, the brackets will be spot welded together. Usually 4 sort of rectangular looking welds. It is possible to use a spot weld cutter and cut around the welds to separate the two halves with less damage. There is no real reason to weld them back together, although it would make it a little easier to get the bar attached to the vehicle again. Otherwise, once it's bolted in, it isn't going anywhere.

The brackets aren't available anywhere it appears. Last I saw was about 15 years ago when I bought a bushing kit for my car. It was the 2 pieces of the bracket, the bushing itself, a friction plate and the fasteners. If memory serves, it came from the dealer but now has long since been discontinued:(

CM360

Reaction score
I only welded the parts that broke off or were damaged when I tried to remove them. I just bolted them back together with the new bushings. I'm surprised that Firm Feel hasn't repoped them.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I would “think” that if TTI make their own torsion bars, that they would also be making bushings/brackets for both ends, as well (I mean middle and outer end).

This picture was taken of TTI’s website and it appears the middle bushing (pivot) – unless I have what they refer as pivot down incorrectly – is available.
TTI Torsion Bars.JPG

Would be nice if they had more pictures . . .

It would be easy to spend $10,000 at their web site . . .
BudW

Back