WANTED torsion bar bushing kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubtar

Reaction score
Contact seller
FMJ torsion bar bushing kit.
This is the one that attaches to the lower control arm.
Moog K 7289 , NAPA 267-3362 , TRW 12372A , Rare Parts 16539 , Auto Specialty 04-83013 , Raybestos 565-1055 or Chrysler #'s 4026844 , 41066153 , 4014286 or 4186805
They are all the same part , and I have scoured the internet with no luck.
I need two of these.
Thanks in advance.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Those haven't been available for years,Nice job finding them.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Dead ad, they went straight to rock auto then to dorman. Said not sure who put it up and it will be removed.

Well close.
Mfg Part #
ECS Part #
ES#4087549
Brand
Dorman.gif

Note:This product is no longer available.

tubtar

Reaction score
I spoke with them at ECS today...............they can't find any in the U.S. either.
I have a line on an NOS set that might materialize in a day or two.............if I can grab a third , it is yours Volare77.
But they are definitely not easy to come by.

DCAspen

Reaction score
There are 2 different bushings,The bars are all the same.The bushing is what gives you a civilian bar and a HD police bar.The aftermarket bushing is built as the HD police one,It would be great if you can find the Moog bushing.

Camtron

Reaction score

tubtar

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I am looking for the end bushings with the metal.
You know...................hen's teeth.
I have new urethane bushings waiting for decent hardware to attach them with.

Camtron

Reaction score
Oh, yea, they don’t make them anymore.
A few of us have emailed Moog trying to get them manufactured again.
Good luck.

edit: Here’s the link to Moogs, suggest a part section. If enough of us write them and request the part, there’s a small chance they’ll make it.
Suggest a Part.

Last edited:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Ten years ago, everyone was trying to get rid of excess old stock (FMJ torsion bar end links and frame bushings (rubber, both with metal) - but that has dried up years ago (and before I got my hands on any sets ...).

Note: I am in full support of urethane (or polyurethane) for front (or rear) sway bar bushings (frame side or ends) - because the driver feels no additional harshness and it makes the sway bar react faster on turns.
That said, I am NOT in support for urethane for control arm bushings except for road racing purposes, for ride harshness is too much for most of us. You can feel every ant or human hair you drive over - like multiple punches right in your kidneys when driving on the street.

I am unsure about urethane for torsion bars - on how that would make ride harshness - for FMJ's are the first (and only?) Chrysler product that has bushings for the torsion arms. Sense urethane might be your only option, ride harshness is (might be?) a mute point. Urethane for torsion bar bushings is one thing I hadn't played around with, yet.
BudW

volare 77

Reaction score
The urethane pivot bushings did not hold up on our car . They are shot and if i ever get around to it I will change them out. I will post some pics when i do get them out.

tubtar

Reaction score
Good luck.

edit: Here’s the link to Moogs, suggest a part section. If enough of us write them and request the part, there’s a small chance they’ll make it.
Suggest a Part.
I already added my voice to the choir.
I have no idea what their threshold is for making more , but I suspect it will need to be in the hundreds at least.
Hopefully , it will happen. There are still a lot of those cars running around.

tubtar

Reaction score
The urethane pivot bushings did not hold up on our car . They are shot and if i ever get around to it I will change them out. I will post some pics when i do get them out.
Were they greasable ? Firm Feel's are and that may make a difference.
I also have a set of PST's laying around.
I wish it was going to be a race car............I could do a lot of things differently that would work.
But this one is going to see a lot of street miles.

Peter

Reaction score
I got a set of torsion bar bushes from this guy: polyurethane torsion bar MoPar very helpful. The job is quite difficult, I ended up just doing the fronts and the bushes on the control arms were okay. Have to drill the top plates off the bush brackets, the rears looked harder. My orginal bushes were junk, the torsion bar was wearing the brackets and the noise was horrible.

FredMcJoe

Reaction score
Good luck.

Suggest a Part.

I suggested and I got a note back from Jessica saying she will pass my Suggest A Part suggestion along and in the note it recommends that others write-in the request to gauge the market. I made special note of the law enforcement tie some of these cars have. Do it today! Suggest a Part..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back