Transmission And Shifting Gears

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well I was hoping the Transmission wasn't gone but it looks like it may be. Ran it up to the store to get sum cigarettes and beer and it would not kick into second gear. Changed the filter and transmission fluid still doesn't help. Goes in drive and reverse just find though. I had planned on redoing the engine and at a later date the transmission looks like it will be sooner then later. :eusa_wall:

Gonna half to take a break for awhile up here the Temp is gonna be Awe full cold for these old bones.

Last edited:

alf44

Reaction score
a quick fix might be to adjust the bands per the factory service books, might get you by for awhile

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
When it comes to a transmission I have no clue at all about them. I know the transmission was running right months ago and now it isn't. Yeah I rebuilt the carb and changed the transmission filter and fluid but nothing else. I am sure it is something simple but I see nothing wrong under the car or on the top of the carb.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well half to figure out how to get it there. My max speed is 15 at one gear. It appears I am missing the spring that moves the rod from the transmission forward and back. Can someone shoot me a picture. Thank You.

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Re adjusted the the carb and kick down linkage and the bands in the transmission. Also added new springs and Also gave everything a good oiling. I now have all three gears and the transmission shifts so smooth. The third picture is how it should look are damn close to it anyways on a 1977 Dodge Aspen 2 Door Coupe.:toothy9:

0110151553.jpg

0110151554.jpg

rgertgert.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I am starting to think this is a Super Six. I mean for a slant six this aspen fly's.

Back