WANTED Transmission line bracket

FMJ Body Parts Wanted

1. 88_AHB

88_AHB Well-Known Member

Contact Seller
    Hey all,
    Looking for the bracket that holds the transmission cooler lines at the front of the engine. It utilizes 2 bolt holes on the front of the block (318) beneath the power steering pump. I dont have it so I cant provide a picture for reference, I'll try to search the interwebs for a pic. Thanks

2. Moparparts

Moparparts Member

I have quite a few different ones, may be able to help if you can find a ref pic

3. 88_AHB

88_AHB Well-Known Member

I'll see if I can find a pic of one, do you have them easily available to take a few pics?

4. Moparparts

Moparparts Member

Yes, I can get some pics, if that helps you out.

5. 88_AHB

88_AHB Well-Known Member

Yeah that’d be great.

6. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

These were taken from my ’88 Parts Manual (I assume this is for your ’88 AHB).
    88 PM pg 7-241a.JPG
    88 PM pg 7-241b.JPG
    88 PM pg 7-241c.JPG
    88 PM pg 7-241d.JPG

I doubt I have what you need (other than the above pictures).
    BudW

7. 88_AHB

88_AHB Well-Known Member

Now does the first one on top just hold one line? Or does it need another clamp with the bolt? I'll use whatever that'll work,I did buy new trans lines that are in there now. But I think they're for a A body with a 904. So far they've worked well,I reused the rear line holder that mounts to the back of the trans.Just wanted to get the front a little more secure.I already went and used some heat wrap on these lines since the get right next to the headers.

8. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

The red box is for one line (passenger side). The blue and green boxes (both drivers’ side) are for two lines. Basically, both lines straddle the harmonic balancer on a factory system for '88.

I can take pictures of my ’86 – if that would be helpful.

Now the A-body lines do not use rubber hoses and both lines go straight past the engine, then turn alongside the radiator.
    The “hose type” lines (like what your ’88 did use) the passenger-side line goes behind the balancer then forward several inches. There would not be a passenger-side attachment to the engine when using the '73 A-body lines.

These are pictures of my ’77 (which will look similar but “flipped” from your lines). For whatever reason, Chrysler changed the transmission cooler lines every couple of years or so, to keep the techs and part guys hopping, I guess. My ’77 has the transmission cooler lines running down the passenger side of the engine (as shown).
    20191116_135648r.jpg

20191116_135713r.jpg

There will be a bracket on the front of engine that will look something like the item in the blue box on my '77.
    Yours will look either close to of that in the blue box (if you still have those parts available).
    BudW

9. Moparparts

Moparparts Member

Here are the pics of some of them I have. PM me if any of them will work for you.

11-16brackets.jpg

11-16brackets (1).jpg

11-16brackets (2).jpg

10. 88_AHB

88_AHB Well-Known Member

Thanks Bud, I’ll have to crawl under it and check. Both of my lines run on the driver side and I took a few inches off of the front lines. I re-flared them and added hose to the fittings going to the radiator. I’ve heard of people having issues with the lines(cracking) being totally rigid.

Thanks Mopar, I think one of those should work fine.