Transmission shift linkage install

88_AHB

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Needed some help and possibly a diagram or schematic on all the parts/install of the transmission shift linkage for my 88 dippy.I think I found all or most the pieces that were taken off by the P.O. but, I feel as if some of the bushings/parts are missing.I know there's a somewhat of similar post in here by another member, i didn't want to hijack that thread.I have a 318/904 in the car currently,also has a set of headers on it not sure if that was interfere with the linkage at all.I'll try to take a pic soon of what I have currently to show on here.I also did post in the parts wanted section for a complete shift linkage setup in case I need that.Thanks!

Duke5A

Reaction score
0900c15280052cff.gif

0900c15280052cf7.gif

88_AHB

Reaction score
Thank you,definitely helps a lot!Anyone here have clearance issues with the linkage while running headers?I have a set of headman full lengths on it.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I had Hooker Competition headers in mine and had absolutely no clearance problems. Those Headman headers are probably the exact same things.

volare 77

Reaction score
The instruction sheet should tell you what to modify. If you don`t have the sheet then go to hedman headers online and download it. Linkage modification is common with mopars and headers.

88_AHB

Reaction score

Duke5A

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't. That all went away went I swapped it out for a big block. My Dad has that setup on his coup though. He won't be in town for a couple weeks though. What's your timeline look like?

88_AHB

Reaction score
No huge rush,wanted to fire it up in the next couple of weeks.Have a few other things to hookup/install before I do.

Back