TUBULAR FRONT SWAAY

CM360

Reaction score
I'll need to increase the front sway bar on my 81 Diplomat. Moving from /6 to SB. Seen comments about FF backorder issues. Any tubular sway bars available? THX

Duke5A

Reaction score
There were two factory sizes available: 11/16" for civilian and 11/8" for fleet models. You'd be fine with the fleet model. Aftermarket bars are crazy expensive, but Adco might still jave something available.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Do not confuse the swaybar with torsion bar.

The torsion bar (T-bar) is the L shaped thing, while the swaybar is usually a sort of expanded C shape (heck, not sure what else to better compare it to).

Anyways, the FF backorder conversation was about the T-bar, or the fact that they are bringing it back.

Camtron

Reaction score
I have a extra front F/M/J sway bar in the garage. Think it came of a AHB car, would have to measure and check. I could part with it if it helps you out.

CM360

Reaction score
Yes. I'm in PA. Shipping is nuts for everything.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Well sometimes you gotta go far to get what you want for one of these cars. I went to Massachusetts for a set of seats and door cards. It's either that or let a project languish. That craigslist link I posted is still up so maybe that sway bar is still available

Back