U-bolts Volare/Aspen

SixBanger

Reaction score
Hello there! I am new on this site. For an several months I am owner of Plymouth Volare 225 /6.

Currently I am working to replace the shackle of a leaf spring. But I am looking for replacement u-brackets for the rear axle. Do someone know where to buy them (preferred Europe)? They do not have to be original. I have already informed the local bolts shop, but they are just too short.

Thanks in advance!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not knowing what types of stores you have there, it's tough to say where to get them. Most any auto parts store will have, or can get, spring u-bolts. They may not be able to look them up for your specific car but all they need are the dimensions of the old ones.

SixBanger

Reaction score
Sorry but I am not from the States, but from The Netherlands. So I didn't expected that it was easy to get a set of brackets here at a truck shop for example.

After calling and mailing multiply USA classic garages. I had the chance to buy a pair of suitable braces through a classic car shop specialized in mustangs. These were similar in size and the length of the bracket were longer.
I hope it goes well, ford parts in a mopar.

Thank you for contributing!

4speedjim

Reaction score
Congratulations on the find and welcome FFMJBO! Don't be a stranger around here. We would love some pictures and specs. on your F body! Is it right hand drive or an American car that was shipped over the Atlantic? We look forward to hearing back from you!

SixBanger

Reaction score
Hey Jim. Soon I would like to upload some pics from my F body. I own my car for lets say, two months so far. The car is original delivered to The Netherlands. So right hand drive and the speedometer indicates the speed in kilometers. The speed is also shown in miles (in small in blue).

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
For future reference, I sourced them through Mopar, not sure if they are still available, but here is the part# info, the price was a very reasonable $3.25CAD a piece:

3845264 U-BOLT, Axle U-bolt (clip), 4 3/8" length, 7/16 - 20 thd

The benefit of this U-bolt is that the top of it (where the bend is placed) is flattened and serrated piece, and that is done for two reasons:

1) flattened - to prevent the U-bolt from crimping the axle tube
2) serrated - to give the U-bolt a bite into the axle and prevent any possible movement

Cbodyuser

Reaction score
I presume you are still seeking to improve the condition of your rear suspension fastenings. In the same category listings that this posting appears is information worth reading and considering. Re: how to lose the iso leaf springs started by Ed Dorey on May 30, 2018 and had a last posting by low budget on July4, 2018.

Back