UK Mirada CMX

nobbyuk

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got hold of an 81 Mirada. I have posted in the j body pics but thought i would post in the newbie section so i could say hi to everyone.
20130314_170628.jpg

20130314_170628.jpg

froomg

Reaction score
That's a beautiful fire engine red Mirada you've got there. Any idea when it crossed the pond?

nobbyuk

Reaction score
Thanks, from the paperwork that i have it looks like it came over in 1983. It was originally from Canada and serviced at Ontario Chrysler till 1982. Since its been here its had Edelbrock performer aluminum heads, Edelbrock performer series carb, Edelbrock TES headers, Edelbrock performer inlet manifold and Racing camshafts, but I'm not sure what they are. I got a video of it running but dont know if i can post it on here

CMX360

Reaction score
I wonder what the Top Gear guys would think of a Mirada.

Bryan M.

Reaction score
I wonder what the Top Gear guys would think of a Mirada.

Clarkson wouldn't quit bitching for a week, May would complain about the steering and interior quality, and Hammond might warm up to it until he hits the brakes for the first time...

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Yup, except for maybe Hammond (the closet "Yank" according to Clarkson)... is it on the rubber isolated cradle and suspension, or has that been removed?

My dad was a commander at RAF Lakenheath. I liked the UK, Germany, and Turkey- grew up in all 3

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
Post it on YouTube and put up a link. That should do it!

nobbyuk

Reaction score
Well, i thought i had sorted out some fender extensions for it today, only to find out that the guy says usps wont accept them as they are too big?
So it looks like its back to square one. Dam these parts are hard to get hold of. Anyway. here is the video of My Mirada running

Last edited by a moderator:

8d5 AHB

Reaction score
If I can get down there next week, I'll get pictures of the Mirada in the Oregon junkyard. Looks like the extensions are still on the car...

Back