Upcoming new Dodge TV ads

Master M

Reaction score
I am glad you posted the link to the TV ads. I have watched it a few times already. That is one awesome car. In time I suspect the Hellcat will just be a pussy cat, as there will always be bigger and more powerful. More importantly everyone have a happy and safe 4th of July.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I object the term "Ricer." Think about it. Also: The Hellcat is a muscle car. It's way, way, way nicer than the old muscle cars, but it's a muscle car. There aren't many out there: The Chevy SS fits the description, me thinks. The Mustang is better called a pony car, and maybe Camaro, too; since it is purpose built and there aren't really "grandma" versions. Mercedes, with their AMG line of cars; those are muscle cars. Basically, in my mind, when you take a rank-and-file car, then stuff massive V8s in them; you have a muscle car! (Does my CTS-V count?)

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I think the CTS-V can be called a muscle car, in the same way a GTX or Olds 442 from the late 1960s could.

I don't know what term to use as a generic term for small displacement high performance cars other than "ricer". Rice Rockets are Japanese super/hyper bikes, so ricer, unless you can think of another word. In general, what I call a ricer is any of the cars that the "Fast and Furious" (really, the fast and idiotic) crowd would drive.

There are grandma versions of both the Camaro and Mustang; the V6s (and maybe the Eco-boost 4 cylinder turbo Mustang). Even then, the V6 cars are putting out 300 and up HP; maybe not the 400+ HP of the SS and GT, but pretty fast/powerful none the less.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
In any case, it's awesome to have choice. We live in an era where one can purchase a 74HP Mitsubishi Mirage, minivans have over 250HP, or ..... 707HP Hellcat powered Challengers and Chargers. Jeep's joining the party, too. They'll be introducing the Jeep Grand Cherokee "Track Hawk" --- having the 707HP Hellcat engine --- shortly.

Last edited:
Back