Urethane Leaf Spring Pad ribs

My imp

Reaction score
Energy suspension offers (2) different kits for the ISO pads. One ribbed (for her pleasure?), one not. What's the difference? Other than price? Summit racing offers nothing in the "More details" section other than to say its ribbed, or isn't. Plan on getting kit today, so a quick response would be appreciated. Thank you, Larry

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
I'd eliminate the iso pads.
The ribbed might let water out and not accumulate.
Or they might let water in and rust the clamps.

The solid pads have more density?

IDK, any poly pad is an improvement over the stock rubber pads.

My imp

Reaction score
This is a stop gap measure until I get my 8.75/3.55 sure grip in. I have the 8.75 out of our old '66 Coronet. Hey Jasper, where'd you take your springs to be re arched? I want the improved handling, but don't want to lose that (best ride I've ever owned) smooth as silk ride. As with anything, there comes a trade off. This is my first foray into the "personal luxury car". Having a bad back, there's nothing I've ever ridden in that I can take a 12+ hr. trip & feel just as good getting out of the car (or better) than I did getting in, as this Imperial. I'd hate to screw that up. That is why I bought the parts/project car off of 83Imp. I have the basis there for any way I care to build it. Not being into trailer Queens at ALL, art hangs on the wall, not on my garage floor. I have a few different ways I'd like to go. BB w/5 spd std, or 4 spd auto, t tops, Mirada front fenders, deck & possibly chin spoiler(s), two tone paint, 17"wheels, being the,one that sounds the best.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
springs done at Stuver spring in akron. It's higher thatn I wanted.

My imp

Reaction score
You added a half leaf or something didn't you? Do these guys seem pretty knowledgeable, or just kinda wing it & you'd better like what you get? Did they say they'd re-do it when you said it was too high? Or just live with it, cause it is what it is?

CMX360

Reaction score
I got the regular factory style ones. I've seen the ribbed ones and I have no idea what the hell they are for.

My imp

Reaction score
I got the Energy Suspension bushings. I got enough to go around! I got the flat pads, found an application chart that said the ribbed ones were for earlier model Mopars. I also got frt & rear eyelet bushings for the leaf springs, bushings & end links for the rear sway bar, electric in tank fuel pump for carb equipped engines, new tubing to bend new lines, complete frt end including police steering box, p/s oil cooler, poly bushings (sway bar, torsion bar, upper & lower control arms, etc...), 11/16" tie rods, idler, pitman arm, upper & lower ball joints, etc... And fuel pressure regulator. And after lunch, I plan to.....

My imp

Reaction score
I got the Energy Suspension bushings. I got enough to go around! I got the flat pads, found an application chart that said the ribbed ones were for earlier model Mopars. I also got frt & rear eyelet bushings for the leaf springs, bushings & end links for the rear sway bar, electric in tank fuel pump for carb equipped engines, new tubing to bend new lines, complete frt end including police steering box, p/s oil cooler, poly bushings (sway bar, torsion bar, upper & lower control arms, etc...), 11/16" tie rods, idler, pitman arm, upper & lower ball joints, etc... And fuel pressure regulator. And after lunch, I plan to.....

....install the poly crossmember bushings, clean, inspect, & weld (if needed) the crossmember. I plan on bead blasting any parts I'm re-using like control arms, center link, sway bar, torsion bars & brackets, plus anything else, & then a liberal coating of POR15 for good measures. That ought to really tighten that thing up for my Va. Beach trip. Anywhere I need to reinforce the crossmember? I plan on Magna-Fluxing it for cracks, & will repair as needed. Thanks, Larry

Back