Utah Nebwie

UtahJbodyNut

Reaction score
hello all, My name is Devin And im Addicted to mopars. Specifically J bodies:icon_joker:

Anyways about me im 31 and have owned well 31 cars 30 of which have been Mopars:eek:ccasion14:(The other was an import lol a 91 Mazda Rx7 Convertible)

And im a single divorced dad going to school but off for summer as I work as a stagehand with local 99 and 838.

Also my first car was a 1983 Chrysler Cordoba with a fake convertible top grey on grey on grey leather interior buckets floor shift Hd 904 with a 318 but 4 barrell. And that car started my love for j Bodies as I was always a Mopar nut being around them and my dads multiple mopars from chargers to daytonas and his rams and his cordoba which started my love affair for cordobas/magnums/miradas etc.

I been in the turbo dodge scene for the last 7 or so years but have just got really burnt out from the drama and bs in that crowd. And after losing my 1980 Chrysler Cordoba 318/904 white/red car I was ecstatic to find a car id looked at before for sale. Its a 1980 Dodge Mirada CMX(I believe it is its got cmx inside car but no tough wheel and no badges buts its been repainted before.

Anyways the car is a 360/4 barrell full dual exhaust(sounds mean as hell) with a 904 according to my friend who went under and looked at it for me. But the car was an original 318/2/HD727/Hd brakes package car from the broadcast plate info with an 8 and 1/4 rear. Its grey with red leather(pleather?) buckets column shift but has floor shift console??

Anyways sorry for long intro but hey now yall know who I am so yeah nice site great to be here and hope to find what I need.

CiaoZ

WildCat

Reaction score
welcome to the site

we need all the people inerested in the red headed step child of Chrysler to unite and show the rest what great cars they were.

UtahJbodyNut

Reaction score
Sexy aspen huge props. And ur right we do huh save the classic mopes. Oh and its getting a 408 stroked and a518 dropped in hehehe.

lowbudget

Reaction score
Welcome to the Board, Where are you at in Utah? I live in Vernal, into A and F bodies.
Mike

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Oh and its getting a 408 stroked and a518 dropped in hehehe.

Welcome!

That 518 is big by the OD unit. Your gonna have to cut out the factory cross-member and open up the trans tunnel.
I did this swap with an early non computerized 518. I also used the wide transmission crossmember. There are two style trans crossmembers, short and the other is a wide mount that has rubber isolators at the mounting ends.
The 518 takes a HUGE amount of HP to turn it, killing low end performance. With the low end torque of a 408, I would go with a 727.

Back