WANTED V8 K

FMJ Body Cars Wanted

1. CM360

CM360 Well-Known Member

Contact Seller
    F body k member? PM me here.Should be somewhere 100-150 from the Philadelphia PA area unless your are willing to deliver half way. THX

2. kitcar Chris

kitcar Chris Well-Known Member

3. AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS Well-Known Member

I thought F-body Ks were same from Slant to SBM....

4. kkritsilas

kkritsilas Well-Known Member

K Members for all of our cars come in two flavours, one is for the slant 6, and the other is for the SBM. They are pretty much the same aside from the motor mount locations.

5. AJ/FormS

OK
    Oh I think I remember what was the same; it was a one-size-fits-all, L-bars Right?

6. BudW

BudW Moderator Staff Member

AJ, according to the parts manuals – there are 4 different K-frames for all FMJ’s, two each /6 and 2 each small block - with a few minor differences between the years. The engine mounts are in different locations on the K-frames between engines. The other difference is Police vs. non-police.

I have sat a police K-frame up against a non-police – and I can’t detect any differences between them. Maybe thicker or hidden welds – IDK. I didn’t weight them.

My opinion: there are only two different K-frames (/6 and small block) – and factory parts book shows otherwise.
    The year of production - I hadn't seen any issues on interchangeability between the years.

I was told by a Chrysler factory rep, the torsion bars are all the same – except between Left and Right. The differences are the bushings, with HD and police bushings being firmer rubber.
    With as many part numbers on the books on torsion bars – I wonder about that, but my measurements on several torsion bars, including police, have all came to same readings.
    BudW

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 2:56 PM
  7. AJ/FormS

I didn't know any of that, but had drawn similar conclusion from both internet chit-chat, and a small amount of experience.
    And I had confused same T-bars for same Ks. So thanks for clarification.
    As always, your eye for details is amazing