Vehicle Appraisle

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
What the best way to get an estimated value on my car without brining in an appraiser. She's a 1986 Plymouth Caravelle Saloon, with a 5.2L 318 V8. She's in good condition, she looks like a car from 1986 so not perfect by any means but looks good. Anyone know her approximate value?

Cordoba1

Reaction score
The best way to evaluate prices is looking at what prices people paid on recent sales. I'm very found of the "completed listings" check box on eBay as it tells you what people really paid. That kind falls apart when you search for "Caravelle", which is not a common listing. That being said, look at the prices other similar cars bring: Diplomat, Gran Fury, 5th Avenue, Crown Victoria, Old Cutlass, Buick Century, Ford LTD, etc. If we are being honest, these are everyday cars that don't get the juices flowing in the collector's market. Exceptions are made for extremely well preserved, low-mileage survivors. If you post extensive pictures here with mileage, I'm sure the community here will offer some guesses at what it might bring at sale.

$.02
Adam

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
If I can, I'll pull up the estimate from Hagerty...my coupe is insured as a classic with them, and they do offer a market assessment service. If the car is listed, it will have a history of sales, which will generate that market value.

Can you post the VIN (or send privately if you're worried about posting)?

Duke5A

Reaction score
Super, and I do mean super clean Fifth Avenues I've seen go for $8500. Those are relatively low mile cars too. Typical clean, but look their age about $4000.

Back