VOLARE TESTING

MOPAR MIKE

Reaction score
Since the car decided to make a right hand turn, after some severe braking, a couple of weeks ago at a Divisional race.
Found the car had 1" of toe in. & the K-frame upper control arm mounts are bent inward.
Seasons of a 3700lb + car wheel stands has beat it to death.
Read some really good threads here about the front ends on these cars on this site.
Unable to really do anything with the camber right now, but just getting the toe in corrected helped alot.
Tested it Saturday, seems to drive & stop straight now.
Will be working on it over the off season.

77volare1.jpg

77volare2.jpg

77volare3.jpg

77volare4.jpg

XfbodyX

Reaction score
My one car thats going back to street status spent its first 4 years new as a race car popping and dropping and like yours killing the front end. Are you going to change out the K at some point?

I found 26 cracks, cracks and rips in the upper shock mounts and used a full mig spool to band aid this one and im still looking for a good bare K to replace it with.

Still looks like your fenders and doors fit like they should.

Did you convert that into a 76/77 to run that years specs/rules?

Next time you have it apart take a close close look all over your K frame I didnt notice mine was as bad as it was/is till I blasted it to repaint.

MOPAR MIKE

Reaction score
My one car thats going back to street status spent its first 4 years new as a race car popping and dropping and like yours killing the front end. Are you going to change out the K at some point?

I found 26 cracks, cracks and rips in the upper shock mounts and used a full mig spool to band aid this one and im still looking for a good bare K to replace it with.

Still looks like your fenders and doors fit like they should.

Did you convert that into a 76/77 to run that years specs/rules?

Next time you have it apart take a close close look all over your K frame I didnt notice mine was as bad as it was/is till I blasted it to repaint.
Plan to replace the K-member, my brother brought me a Diplomat to pull one out of.
If it looks ok, I'm going to send it to a chassis guy I use & have him re-enforce it.
These cars are hard on this stuff, the lower bump stops didn't have any material left when we got the car.
It was using the shocks as bump stops LOL. Shocks were beat up & leaking.
Not many suppliers make race shocks for these. I wanted dual adjustables for it.
Checked with Viking shocks, they told me that due to the ride height(too low), they would sell me some (600.00), but wouldn't warranty them.
So, bought a new pair from Cal Trac, was told that I got the last pair, they were not going to offer them anymore.
I installed a taller lower poly bump stop, new shocks & raised the front end about an inch.
Seemed to help, it would bounce & unsettle the steering after coming down.
Didn't seem to have that problem testing.

Duke5A

Reaction score
There are guys that have modified the lower control arms to accept GM F body shocks. Might be something to look into during the off season. Nice ride BTW.

GTX JOHN

Reaction score
We drill the bottom on the aspens to take regular
mopar shocks. We run one in Stock and one in SuperStock
and it solve a lot of issues finding shocks.

(Not on here often and did not notice age of the ad)

Last edited:
Back