WANTED Wanted: LeBaron Limited LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Contact seller
Team: I would love to source a Chrysler LeBaron LS Limited, like the one pictured on the brochure. I've never seen one in person; and there aren't even that many on the Internet. Ideally, it would be just like the one in the brochure. I know they exist, I've seen pictures of used (and long since sold) examples on the Internet. Here's what I'm talking about:

Capture.PNG

I'd love to find one of these! I made an attempt to re-create the look, but the vinyl top and interior of my donor car didn't work out like I wanted. Here's what I'm talking about:

'80 LeBaron to '80 LeBaron LS Limited Conversion

So have any of you seen one of these in person? Do they exist?

Cheers!
- Adam -

Yellowdart

Reaction score
Yes they exist, but I haven't seen any in years. Even when they were new, there were hardly any, in the Toronto area. I mention the area, because Chrysler's were always very popular here.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Used to see one on the road driving around periodically around town. That was over a decade ago though and it was the only one I ever saw in the wild.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I had a chance to get one of those grilles years ago in a junk yard when I needed one for my 5th avenue. Had it in my hand but decided to get the proper one instead so that it would look right. Then found out later that it was supposed to be a hard to find part.

Camtron

Reaction score
Wash it with some Comet and medium Scotchbrite pad. Will take a lot of that staining off the paint and clean it up real nice. Wipe down linseed oil afterwards and it will look real nice...then you can flip it for more for having a nice “patina” paint job. That’s what everyone does these days, lol.

Cordoba1

Reaction score
I'm gonna take the picture to my body guy, see what he thinks. The body doesn't concern me so much as the patina on all the external chrome bits. At 100K, the.Slant has done her duty to King & Country. A warmed up 360 would look real good in there.

How expensive is it to re-chrome old chrome?

How hard is it to source M Body dash pads?

-Adam-

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Hmm...that doesn't look all that bad at all!

From a trim perspective just about the ONLY thing you can re-chrome are the bumpers. Everything else is anodized aluminum, which means you need to chemically strip it, polish, and re-anodize. Last time I priced that job it was about $30 a foot (do to all three steps), so it can get pretty pricey...and you need to find someone that is good at that work.

Anyways, get a new carpet for that ride, the door weatherstripping and roof-rail can be replaced with aftermarket, you might need to trim a little, but super-glue work great on a job like that. Everything else can be re-finished (all the plastic panels, standard clean, plastic chemical prep and coat), all spray can stuff so perfectly DIY type of a thing.

Camtron

Reaction score
I'm gonna take the picture to my body guy, see what he thinks. The body doesn't concern me so much as the patina on all the external chrome bits. At 100K, the.Slant has done her duty to King & Country. A warmed up 360 would look real good in there.

How expensive is it to re-chrome old chrome?

How hard is it to source M Body dash pads?

-Adam-
There’s a guy on here parting out a red Gran Fury in, Chicago. Dash pad doesn’t look bad in what you can see in his photos. There’s also a guy in, Wisconsin who had a bunch of them listed on CL for a while (don’t know if he still does). Dash pads are around.

Last edited:

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Team: After thinking about it for the weekend, and studying all the pictures; I let the seller know that this isn't the right one for me. If anyone else is interested, it can be found on eBay Marketplace. I'm told the car "drives quite nicely" - but I'm also told the HVAC blower is currently non-functional, so it could be a frosty drive. Anyway, these are very much unicorns. Can someone buy this and make it minty?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
If that car was near me I'd be interested. It doesn't look too bad. Paint and dash pad which isn't too hard to get. The big thing is what does it look like underneath.

compubert

Reaction score
Ours get salted from the top *airborne* and from the bottom *beach driving* ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back