Wanted

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
Looking for a set of 11 inch rear backing plates. And also a set of screws that hold the rear sway bar to the frame anyone got what I need ty in advance

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The 11" backing plates were/are used in most (if not all) 1/2 ton Dodge pickups/vans. If you can make it to a pull-a-part, also grab the hardware on said plates as well. The drums from (I think) '82 and newer will not work (wrong bolt pattern) - but older than that should also use 4.5"x5.

The screw part number is 6030466 - but long discontinued. It is a short self-taping sheet metal screw/bolt (maybe 1/4" dia, 1/2" long - if my memory is still intact). A person might be able to go to a hardware store and make something work.
It might also be the same screw used for voltage regulator and other items like that, underhood (maybe).
BudW

Duke5A

Reaction score
I've got a bucket of suspension fasteners out in the garage. When I got my cop bars years ago I elected to use different fasteners, so I might still have the originals floating around. Is this for a factory restoration?

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
I would second Duke's Q re: intended purpose, here is why: when I re-did my coupe the frame rails got pretty thin back there. The car previously did NOT have the rear sway bar installed, so the factory drilled mounting hole simply sat exposed to the environment and over the years thinned out pretty badly. So much so that attempting to mount with the factory hardware just caused the screws to only lightly seat, not enough for my liking.

I ended up getting a threaded rod which I pulled through and used nuts to basically "sandwich" the bracket with to the frame rails. Much more sturdy, and they are going nowhere.

Is it factory appearing??? Heck NO!!! But once sized correctly you can have the nuts stil flush against the end of the rod and so barely any of it stands out.

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
I've got a bucket of suspension fasteners out in the garage. When I got my cop bars years ago I elected to use different fasteners, so I might still have the originals floating around. Is this for a factory restoration?
No my father has a squad rearend with springs and wants to use the 11 inch brakes but 1 of the backing plates is so rusted and has a hole in it I really do t want to use it so just really looking for backing plates

Back