What Is It Called?...Nothing Will Fit It?

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I almost have the heater box out of the aspen third heater core I have worked on this week. This bracket is a real pain in my ass. Notice the center bolts I have tried Metric and Standard nothing seems to fit them. It has to come out I cant slide it threw the fire wall because the sides over lap the fire wall edges as in shaped as a T. Only thing left holding the complete heater box in. Any ideas?. Thank You. :cussing:

1230141715.jpg

1230141714.jpg

Last edited:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I am looking at them closely. Metric and Standard doesn't seem to fit Lol. Maybe I am so damn tired I cant see very well what I am doing.

slant6billy

Reaction score
How'd the dash dismantle'n go off? Also, about how long did it take? I'm dreading this job and the potential for breaking pieces.

alf44

Reaction score
you might need to find a size that is just a bit bigger than the bolt, and file-grind it to fit in the bolt head, a 1 time use tool but at least you can get it off

Mcfly68

Reaction score
Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Use a torx on it. The splines from the torx will grab hold of the squares of the hex and it should back out.

You might have to lightly tap in one that's slightly oversize to get it grip. Then look for a donor to get new bolts in it.

If you plan on running a/c again, replace it while it's out and leave the plastic plugs that come with the new in it until you're ready to do all the hook ups from the hoses.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
I ended up having to bit tap them out. They were so rusted and stripped.

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
I used a T30 torx on it as I pulled the heater core out tonight. So T30 worked for me

Back