When it Rains, it Pours. Help if you can (Not a Need Money Thread)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Staying in the hotel the night before is the only way to go.
Had hubby in the hotel the night before two weeks ago before his surgery. Lots less stress.

Glad you got your marathon travel done before.
Glad that goofy header panel is still doing its job.

Hopefully the weather will be good to you this year.

I understand the pig thing... I have the same problem down here with the goats. Probably a good thing I've only got 4 left.

Keep us updated on how the back progresses.
And you were right to worry about the Mopars. You realize I know where you live and they could just find a new home pretty darn easily if you aren't there to protect them.... just sayin.

David Clark

Reaction score
Working on it, Just tired as hell right now, and sore LOL.

Lots of Plans for once I am healed. Diplomat and Dart First, then The Aspen, and Two Volares and Road Runners. Oh and Dually First too as I need that for the Horse Trailer.

UGH. Lots of work.

David Clark

Reaction score
Yeah, lots of Fun I hope.
Gonna Start ordering parts from the Wife's check every month while I heal so I have parts ready to go when I can start working on things again. Legs are pretty sore today, so are the hips, back is still a bit swollen but I am down to one OxyCodone every 6 hours right now from one very 2 hours after the surgery.
First thing to get fixed when I can will be the Brakes on the Dart, got a leak in the Rear Tank on the Master Cylinder that empties it about once every 2 weeks or so. Gonna put a new Master Cylinder on, New Wheel Cylinders, New Calipers, and New Brake Lines all the way around. Got the wife driving the Diplomat right now and got the Dart Parked until I can fix it. Dart is also Clattering like a mother fucker when she was starting it up in the dead of winter in the mornings. Gawd, it sounded awful, Like it was about to explode. Not sure if the Oil Pump on it might be going out but she is what, 40 yrs old this year and still has original /6 in it, might be due for a rebuild.
Next on the list will be to finish stripping the Road Runner of Parts and everything to finish the body work and get it primed. All the Brakes and Lines on it will be getting replaced too as it's a bone dry system now from sitting for gawd knows how long before I got a hold of it. Motor and Tranny are already out, got them pulled last year. Interior is Shot on that one but it can wait. Gonna pull the 318 out of the Old 88 Ramcharger and drop that one in there for now. Will eventually get the Numbers matching 318 and Tranny Rebuilt but for now, the 318 in the Ramcharger will work.
Then to start on the 79 R/T, she's smoking like Betty Davis did. Probably Got Bad Rings in it from sitting for 10+ yrs before I got a hold of that one too. She Runs and drives but the smoke just pours out of it while driving LOL.

Can't wait till I heal, and hopefully the Fusion Fuses this time.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Hey David...
Hope you are having a good day and recovering well.

I was thinking about your place today, knowing it was cold and frozen up there.
It was 70 down here and I was sweating while finishing up the trenching from the house to the greenhouse. About 120 feet through mostly loam soil, so it was easy digging with the pick ax.

Now I need to deepen the trench and dry run the electric line, thread it through conduit under the drive way and parking area.

I thought about your place because of how deep you have to put your utilities... I was real thankful I wasn't having to dig halfway to china... so to speak.

JW

David Clark

Reaction score
LOL, Electric isn't soo bad, 12-24 inches down depending. It's the water lines that suck butt. Frost Line up here can be as deep as 5 feet so the water Lines I ran to the Cow Paster and the Pig Pens went in 6 feet deep. The Backhoe on the new Tractor works great. Unfortunately well be in debt for another 5 yrs to pay it off but I guess that beats 10 yrs right LOL.

Back is still swollen and constipation issues because of the OxyCodone (dehydrates ya) but I am slowly getting better I hope. Won't know until at least 16 weeks out after the surgery if anything is Fusing or not though. It's a waiting game now. UGH.

Justwondering

Reaction score
This house deals with that pain medicine constipation on a routine basis.
Daily benefiber (generic) and fig newtons seems to work for the mister.

We just finished pulling the line through the new conduit. Why yes, I just drove 48 miles to buy 5 pieces of 3/4 inch conduit because all our leftovers from other projects were too small or way too large.

At least we have the lines in place for the drive way trenches to be covered. Means I can get the Chrysler out again as well as park about 30 foot closer to the house. Jeeze I sound lazy.

Back