Where's That Woody?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I deleted my thread.
Why?
Because I'm selling the woody.
I thought long and hard over the past couple of days. In an ideal fantasy situation I could keep it and fix it up. But as Kenny Rogers would say "you gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em". As it stands now I hardly have the time for the ones I already have. To take on another one is all out stupid in my opinion. The best thing I can do is let it go to someone who has the time to put into it and appreciate it.

Yes it's a very cool ride but I still have a large grocery list of things I need and want to do to my other three cars.... I sort of suspected that I might be biting off more than I could chew when I took it. After really and honestly thinking about it.....more than ever I think I'm right.

Anyone need a wagon?

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Ed I wouldn't have done the deleted thing but use it to promote the sale. Sorry to hear that buddy but keep it coming.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ed I wouldn't have done the deleted thing but use it to promote the sale. Sorry to hear that buddy but keep it coming.

I just figured I'd start a new thread.
Seemed kind of silly going on about it in a thread only to sell it in the end.

At least I came to my senses inside a short time.

NoCar340

Reaction score
While I would have been all over this a year ago, the '61 has now occupied a very-large spot in my fleet as the wagon representative. Besides, you'd probably cringe at what I would do with it anyhow. A lot of guys saw that thread and know what you've got, so maybe someone here will grab it. I "wood" suggest, though, that you pump out the old gas, put in some "high test" as the old-timers said, and run a bottle of Lucas fuel-system cleaner through it with the fresh gas. It'll probably run like an absolute gem afterwards. Sell it as a "rare VIN misprint" for bonus dollars!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I topped it up with good stuff today and it seems to be running pretty well. At this point it's just going up for sale. Rarity withstanding I'd take $1000 to get it out of my buddy's driveway.. The car needs attention and I don't have the time to give it. If I had the space and the means to I'd keep it hands down. It's a very cool car. But I have no choice but to give my head a shake and keep thinks reasonably within my capabilities.

Right now I seem to have my hands full enough with the four I have. Five is just insane for me. I just want it to go to a good home that I can't necessarily provide right now.

NoCar340

Reaction score
"You can't save 'em all" is a tough realization at which to arrive. I stopped dragging home every Mopar I found long ago. I might part one out now and again, but years back I was dragging home everything with a Pentastar on it thinking "one day..." I wasted a lot of time, money and effort on cars I thought were cool enough, but they really didn't trip my trigger. Unless it replaces a car you've got--in your heart--push it down the road and sally forth on what you've got. :cool:

DCAspen

Reaction score
To bad you have to sell it,Take the profit which would be 100% and put the money into your other cars,I'm sure you have a want list.

slant6billy

Reaction score
I'm in that same realization Ed. My 81 Lebaron woody was not going to get the deserved time. I had my van show me some unlove last weekend, so I need to evaluate my fleet and what is and what can never be. That stupid thing called a day job is creeping into my energy. I had to re-prioritize some things. Part ways with the woody and the van. The wife and I are testing out wagons: Magnums and other things as a daily driver. Probably means a car payment, but I can't be chasing my daily driver cars with wrenches more then I chase my hobby cars. Wife needs and fuel injected grocery getter

efriedrich

Reaction score
That stupid thing called a day job is creeping into my energy.
I hear you, I leave for work and its dark and I come home from work and its dark. The only time I have for cars is this forum when I'm resting my aching bones in the rack.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
@NoCar340 Exactly.....as much as I'd love to save them all I simply can't. I simply don't have the time, money or resources to do it. The three I have I love for different reasons but all good ones and I'm simply maxed out. So I need to let this one go.

@80aspen That's the plan. I could find a lot of uses for that money. Although it might not be 100% profit. If I need to get a tow anytime within the year it's probably gonna cost me. I get three tows a year and I used two of them getting that thing home. The other tow was when the wife's Scamry decided it's stater was done and she had to tow it home. Plus the $180 battery I just threw in it. Plus a 10 day sticker....a months insurance and a whole lot of my time running around. This is why I feel it's time to cut my losses and move on.

@bremereric That is exactly what I'm hoping for. I'll be posting an ad soon.

@slant6billy Exactly.....that's the boat I'm in and although the Volare was pretty damn reliable it's not what my wife needs. She needs start and go and a car she doesn't have to worry about getting dinged up in a parking lot or have to warm up in the winter. Hence the scamry.

@efriedrich As the years go on I find it a little harder to find the energy to wrench my cars and especially this time of year. Pitch black when I get home and cold. I hate frozen wrenches. This is another reason why I can't take on another project.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I have 5 at the house and don't need another to wrench on at this time.

$180 for a battery?
There's a Interstate dealer by my house I could get 2 for that money.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have 5 at the house and don't need another to wrench on at this time.

$180 for a battery?
There's a Interstate dealer by my house I could get 2 for that money.

It is an Interstate.
Don't know if it's a Toronto thing but that's the best price I could find on a Megatron II. I called around and they were all close but out the door that's the best price I could find locally.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Gotta be a Toronto mark up.
Forgot I had to give a trade in.
Had a old Interstate in the garage anyways.
It was $91 out the door.

Must be a hell of a markup. That was with the trade in. Everywhere I called was around $190 out the door. Local shop who's also an Interstate dealer have it to me for $180 out the door.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I need to move. Everything is double here.
Almost worth a drive for a battery.
You should make a shopping list and check prices once out of T.O.
Might have to drop money on the way to the trailer more often.

Back when there was a Standard Auto Glass, they had $10 off Oil Guard coupons w/ no expiry and I grabbed a bunch.
Now they are so old, they are almost collector items, but still accepted.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Cheapest around here for a battery is 120. Mines beyond toast, I'm just waiting for stuff to sell before I buy another one. Its not hurting anything..car is going down for bodywork this winter.

Cap, I remember the story..condition aside I can understand why it would be difficult to part with this thing. They remembered you, and thought enough of you to make sure it went to you. We can just hope that trend will continue, and it'll go to someone who appreciates it for more than just a car.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Cheapest around here for a battery is 120. Mines beyond toast, I'm just waiting for stuff to sell before I buy another one. Its not hurting anything..car is going down for bodywork this winter.

Cap, I remember the story..condition aside I can understand why it would be difficult to part with this thing. They remembered you, and thought enough of you to make sure it went to you. We can just hope that trend will continue, and it'll go to someone who appreciates it for more than just a car.

I'm hoping so too.
Two doors, a floor patch and ball joints and this thing would make a great driver.

Back