Where's That Woody?

NoCar340

Reaction score
Cheapest around here for a battery is 120. Mines beyond toast, I'm just waiting for stuff to sell before I buy another one.
If it has removable caps, pop 'em off and make sure the plates are covered by at least 1/4" of acid. If they're not, add distilled water until they are. If they're good, or after you've added the water, drop an aspirin tablet down each hole and replace the caps. Not only should this rejuvenate the battery, in about half an hour it should actually start the car with no charging or jump start. No, you can't make a battery last forever this way but it should get you by until you can swing a new one. I've done this more times than I can count, most recently on the battery in my Imperial. That was almost two years ago; it sits for months so I usually leave it on a battery tender, but it does hold a charge on its own for at least a couple of weeks.
Regular old aspirin tablets, preferably not safety-coated but no biggie if they are. No caplets, Advil, Tylenol, etc. Just good ol' regular aspirin, 375mg. It's never failed me yet.

Sincerely,
MacGyver :D

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Hold the phone Captain! You may not have thought this through totally. You have others that may not be as cool, or well optioned as this wagon. You admit Lady V does not drive hers. It's an 80 that is a low optioned car. Get rid of it, or one of the others, and save the wagon!!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hold the phone Captain! You may not have thought this through totally. You have others that may not be as cool, or well optioned as this wagon. You admit Lady V does not drive hers. It's an 80 that is a low optioned car. Get rid of it, or one of the others, and save the wagon!!

Negative Admiral.
I'd rather have the coupe. A much cooler car in my opinion. Plus the coupe is in immaculate shape except for the paint. I've never seen such a clean F up here ever. I have plans for that car.

efriedrich

Reaction score
x2 keep the wagon

NoCar340

Reaction score
I don't know what I would do, personally. I guess if I was going to keep both vehicles largely stock, I'd go with the wagon for sheer usefulness and the fact that it's a V8. However, in reality, I wouldn't be leaving either one stock anyhow and in that case, I'm all over the coupe.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The wife is still fond of the coupe and I've already put a pile of work into it and it's running and driving beautifully. The coupe stays. The wagon goes.

80mirada

Reaction score
It is hard to make the decision. We had to cut our losses on a Newport, it was my wife's grandparents car. It needed to much work and the Mirada was already in the way

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It is hard to make the decision. We had to cut our losses on a Newport, it was my wife's grandparents car. It needed to much work and the Mirada was already in the way

I really really like the 2 door. It runs great now and looks very cool. I do have to make a choice so unfortunately it's the wagon.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Just be warned the old, guy, previous owner of the wagon will come back from the grave to visit you like Scrooge's ghosts, since he trusted his baby to you to take care of.:D

Besides a wagon would come in handy when heading out to the trailer.:)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just be warned the old, guy, previous owner of the wagon will come back from the grave to visit you like Scrooge's ghosts, since he trusted his baby to you to take care of.:D

Besides a wagon would come in handy when heading out to the trailer.:)

I'll take him for a ride in the coupe. He'll understand.

Back