Who did you buy your Front Steel F-Body Hard Pre-formed Brake Lines from?

PLY478

Reaction score
I got mine from Inline tube.... And It does not follow the factory firewall location.

Does anyone make this line? If so who?

Thanks
PLY478

PLY478

Reaction score
Mike... Agreed the 3/16" size is easy to bend. Its just hitting all the bends and factory hold down tabs, so it looks factory. This is not a daily driver.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I use the nickel-copper tubing for all my automotive plumbing now. You can bend the stuff by hand and it doesn't rust.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Mike... Agreed the 3/16" size is easy to bend. Its just hitting all the bends and factory hold down tabs, so it looks factory. This is not a daily driver.

The cars I've done aren't daily drivers either but the lines I've done are passable. It's a toss up, I hate bending lines but I hate seeing ones I know aren't right more.

I use the nickel-copper tubing for all my automotive plumbing now. You can bend the stuff by hand and it doesn't rust.

That stuff is great. I used it for the first time a couple weeks ago for a section of 3/8 line with a lot of bends that I was having problems with.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I have Inline Tube (the full line set) and they follow the original routing, including across the firewall but, that was over 10 years ago now. Did have to modify the master lines since I have manual brakes and they only make (made) power brake lines.

Yeah I know, still haven't called. :oops:

volare 77

Reaction score
The set I have was the line that went across the front core support not the firewall but that was for a 77

PLY478

Reaction score
Aspen500 The set i bought 10 years ago from Inline tube, Does not follow the fire wall. Front passenger side is the issue. It does NOT follow the firewall. It goes around the Drivers side inner fender, under the core support. a two piece line to make it from the proportioning valve to the right front brake hose. Looks odd and does not fit well at all. I have been in contact with Inline for two weeks now. I think I got the second half of this line that is NOT correct or is bent wrong. Just frustrating.

Call when ever.

Thanks PLY478

scatpackpunk

Reaction score
The set I got from Inline Tube was entirely wrong for my ‘80 minus the lines on the axle. I rebent the drivers front line to work, the rest I cut the fittings off and bent/flared my own nickel copper lines. The line to the rear in the kit was about 6 inches too long and not bent anywhere close to the factory routing, not sure if they sent me the wrong set or what although the invoice in the box was correct. I should’ve checked them when they first showed up but it took me over a year to get around to installing them so shame on me I guess.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Time flies faster than you think. Found the invoice last night and turns out it was 13 years ago already. At any rate, that set had the correct passenger side line for a '79.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There are two different versions of front metal brake lines for F-bodies. the older F's, the brake lines go around the front of car (under radiator) to get to R/F wheel, instead of along the firewall (which is the only Chrysler product that went that way).
Not sure when they changed and went along with firewall...'79 maybe???

The OP doesn't mention what year F is being worked on.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
I pretty sure the OP's car is a '79 IIRC(?) I had a '78 parts Aspen a few years ago, meaning 25+ years ago, and it had the brake line across the firewall so they must have made the change for '78 or at some point during that model year.

Back