Wiw

joeblo

Reaction score
In my quest to acquire insurance I have been ask to estimate the value of my car. I believe most of you are familiar with it and I was wondering what you think it may be worth. I know about what I have in it (afraid to add up receipts and know the real number), so I gave them a number and photos and I am waiting to see what their response is. So what I am asking is, if you were looking to buy or sell this car what do you think it is worth? For more info you can go to Poor mans Hemi car in restorations. You can be honest I will not be offended. Thanx.

67789 051.jpg

67789 046.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
I've had different ins companies tell me different things. Currently I'm using Grundy Insurance on the truck: It is stored in a garage, it is NOT my daily driver (my honda beater is), and by their difinition: how much will it cost to replace the car or repair - if it can be. So do your math. Without seeing your recepts, I'd say 17K plus or minus a few bucks. My friend's 70 AAR cuda is insured for 30K. I've never insured anything for more than 11.5K, but I never had anything with a HEMI. All slanted buzzin 1/2 dozens and small blocks. I had money into each and receipts. My formula is total everything up and shave off the top by 5 to 7 %. If it seams too high, then shave 10%. Between man hours and parts inyour car, I'd say 20K easy, but that may be just too straight up and does not factor depreciation or normal wear and tear. So go with 17K- my opinion.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
These cars are no longer depreciating. They are increasing in value. I think the question is "what will it cost to replace it". Call Hagerty and see what they say.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
lol , Well I really hate to sound deragatory , but they'll never be worth what we place on them . Much as I hate to say it . They just aren't the " preferred choice " of cars . just not sporty enough for the common place hot rodder . It takes that special someone who appreicate these cars . That being said . I'd estamate 9k-11k , and that's high . Good luck !

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Insurance companies up here want appraisals by certified apraisers for any car that is to be insured for a value of over $10K. Appraisals alone are over $400.

I eould think your car is in the $12-14K range.

Kostas

joeblo

Reaction score
Thanx guys for your input. I think I have around 15k in the car not counting countless hours of labor. I guessed the resale value to be around 10k, so I gave them the value of 12.5k. Now we wait and see what they say. If they go off of replacement value I would think it would be much higher. The first ins. co. valued it at $3500.00, (they do not deal in "collector cars"), but there were no limitations on driving either. I will let you know their response.

tim berry

Reaction score
i use grundy i set the value and sent them some photos 159$ per yr and not alot of resrictions just cant be my daily drver i gave them a value of 10 k no questions and no problems but also no claims yet good luck

joeblo

Reaction score
Update - Gave them a value of 12.5k, approved, no questions asked, $147 / year. Thanx for all your input.

Back