Wrenching with Dad

slant6billy

Reaction score
I wrenched on my first mopar at age 9. It was a 69 Valiant with the small slant. Then my brothers 73 Grand Fury, then his 71 Dart. Always had my dad breaking my balls. Later, the first of the Volares and then an aspen, then the 83 5th Ave. A few Chevys in the mix of things. Now that I have 3 daughters and I do show them the right of passage of wrenching on a mopar. I realize they will become women some day when wrenching with Dad won't be cool. Why I write the obvious? Locally there was this news story getting aired over and over about a little boy:

http://6abc.com/news/da-boys-beating-death-an-unspeakable-act-of-depravity/383512/

And all that comes to mind is how friggin cool it would have been to wrench with a son on a mopar. That poor little guy never got the chance.

Never a chance to collect hotwheels, build lego, race BMX or go fish'n.

So for all you who have a son, a nephew , or a grandson- get them wrenching on a mopar with you!

brotherGood

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't get a chance to do a lot of stuff with Dad when I was a kid. When I got to that age, Dad had his accident and could barely do anything. Lately though, since I've gotten my car, we have been working together on my car, and my house..making up for lost time. While I don't plan on having kids for a while, Im sure when time comes, it'll definitely be a great experience. In the meantime, Im just trying to coax the wife out to the garage. Ive gotten her to help me bleed brakes so far..but that's about it.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It's always astounded me that in order to adopt a pet you have to take a test and fill out forms yet any inbred can pop out a child.
That poor kid....

I've been without my dad for many years now.
I wish I could do some wrenching with him now.

Good on you for getting your children involved Billy and for generally being a great father.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Celebrated my Dads 85th birthday yesterday,My dad wasn't one to wrench on cars but was always willing to play sports with us when we were younger,He's still gets around pretty good,still drives,same ballbusting sense of humor that my 88 year old mother still loves.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Celebrated my Dads 85th birthday yesterday,My dad wasn't one to wrench on cars but was always willing to play sports with us when we were younger,He's still gets around pretty good,still drives,same ballbusting sense of humor that my 88 year old mother still loves.

Please pass on a happy belated from one of the crazy car guys you know.
That's fantastic!!

Today we're off to visit my wife's (wait for it) 97 year old grandpa.
Still sharp as a tack and just an awesome guy.
Always good to spend some time with him...

Back