WTB: Looking for some 5 on 5 wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreada

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi All,
Looking for a set of four 5 on 5 wheels. I live in Ontario, Canada - so somewhere relatively local would be a bonus, but am open to suggestions and possibilities. I have borrowed a photo, though if you have some, you likely know what they are.
Thank you

37954333-687-DODGE-MIRADA-CHRYLER-CORDOBA-15X7-WHEELS.jpg

Cordoba1

Reaction score
They aren't the right wheels, so I suspect the point is moot. As an active eBay buyer and seller; I've both asked for, and granted, exceptions to the "no international shipping" rule.

moreada

Reaction score
I don't necessarily have a budget... but I have Pontiac Hubcaps and steels on my car now. It's a sad sight.

I am kicking myself for not buying the few sets that came up over the years when I wasn't in need of a set. Then again, I'm sure several of us are.

moreada

Reaction score
Someone replied to a wanted ad... but they are located on the other side of the country.

I am not sure how to protect myself in buying them, but believe even with shipping they're a decent deal. Can someone who has maybe done this or is more knowledgeable maybe P.M. me please, I have a few questions. Thanks.

moreada

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea.

What should one pay for a set WITHOUT center caps?

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Moreada:

Those are not the correct ones, I don't think. The correct center caps for the 5 on 5s, and the snowflakes for that matter, have a number of spring prongs that hold them onto the center of the wheel. These centers do not appear to do so. Also, they appear to be too small in diameter and are too tall. I will post a picture of the correct ones when I get home tonight. I am at work right now, so I can't take the pictures at this time.

They are not common, but they are regularly on eBay (serach under "Imperial wheel centers" or "Snoflake wheel centers", and know that you will probably get a lot of hits that show the Pontiac Trans Am snowflake centers) at about $20-25 each, with shipping running about the same amount. If you can find a seller on eBay that has more than one, you may be able to cut down on your shipping cost by ordering 2 or more at a time. I recently lucked out, after about 2 years of continuous searching, and found all the centers that I needed from one seller.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
To anybody how has an interest, the wheel centers/caps for the 5 on 5 wheels look like this:

picture1.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0073.jpg

On the 5 on 5 wheel, they look like this (front and back vies):

IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg

picture1.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

Cordoba1

Reaction score
Moreada:

Those are not the correct ones, I don't think. The correct center caps for the 5 on 5s, and the snowflakes for that matter, have a number of spring prongs that hold them onto the center of the wheel. These centers do not appear to do so. Also, they appear to be too small in diameter and are too tall. I will post a picture of the correct ones when I get home tonight. I am at work right now, so I can't take the pictures at this time.

They are not common, but they are regularly on eBay (serach under "Imperial wheel centers" or "Snoflake wheel centers", and know that you will probably get a lot of hits that show the Pontiac Trans Am snowflake centers) at about $20-25 each, with shipping running about the same amount. If you can find a seller on eBay that has more than one, you may be able to cut down on your shipping cost by ordering 2 or more at a time. I recently lucked out, after about 2 years of continuous searching, and found all the centers that I needed from one seller.

+1 re: Not the correct ones in the link.

"Pro Tip" for ebay: If you want to filter out results you don't want, add a "minus" sign to items you don't want so see. For example, search using the term "snowflake wheel centers -Pontiac -Trans" , and it will filter out any advertisements with the words Pontiac and Trans Am.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
jasperjacko:

I cannot say that they are the correct ones. They do fit correctly, though, on both the 5 on 5s and on the snowflakes. I actually bought them for the Imperial snowflakes, and then found out that they also fit the 5 on 5s. If they aren't the correct centers for the 5 on 5s, I will use them until I can find the correct ones (if they can even be found). They fit securely (the spring prongs do fit the grooves in the center holes perfectly, and the center hole ridge fits properly under the wheel center), look fine to my eye, and in the absence of any "real"/"factory original" 5 on 5 centers, they will do just fine for me.

I would really like to see what your center caps look like, and it would be a good reference for all on the board in terms of what to look for, and how to determine which is the correct cap when at swap meets. Maybe you could get the part number of the cap on your wheels, the part number of the caps that I have is in the picture above.

Kostas

P.S. I just looked at my snowflake wheels, and fit the same center on both the 5 on 5 I posted the picture of, and the snowflake wheel. Seemed to fit properly, and very securely, on both. Also measured the actual diameter of the center hole on both wheels. Both were 2 5/8" using a tape measure. There is also the same ridge to secure the spring prongs inside the center hole on both wheels. The 5 on 5 has a extended edge around the center hole on the outer surface, the snowflake doesn't, so the center cap on the 5 on 5 sits further out on the 5 on 5 than it does on the snowflake wheels.

Last edited:

Cordoba1

Reaction score
They are similar to the others pictured here, but more "square" -- The sides don't taper, they are perpendicular to the top surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back