You'll never guess what I saw a punk kid do this morning... unreal.

72Dodge

Reaction score
I was walking up to a McDonald's this morning, when two kids maybe 14-15 years old were walking out carrying skateboards. The kids were well away from the building, already rolling across the parking lot on their skateboards. This elderly lady and her husband (I'm assuming) were approaching the door. The lady had a walker, and the man didn't have a walker, but looked very frail. The one kid stopped, set his board against a garbage can, yelled to his friend "hang on", then RAN about 30 feet back to the door and said "maam, please let me get that door for you". He held not only the first door, but then went around them and held the inside door for them too. As she went in and thanked him, he said "have a nice day". By this time, I was right behind them, so I looked at him and said "thank you" with a big smile.

I couldn't believe it. He didn't need to go back, honestly I'm surprised he even noticed.

Not all kids today are rude or thoughtless. Pretty much made my day.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
There's still some great kids out there.
There's a few on my street that are total gentlemen.
Really nice to see....
Great story.....thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

ramenth

Reaction score
Yup, thanks for sharing.

Shows that there's still hope for kids today and the parents who do a good job in raising them.

When I witness simple acts of kindness - or even kids being polite no matter what the setting - and the parents are around I try to make sure to compliment the parents as well as the kid.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Wow.....that's great. Glad to see that there are some good kids left out there. And they say skateboarders are bad......pfffffttt

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
And speaking of people in general doing nice things.....
I pull into the drive thru this morning, order my coffee, get up to the window to pay and the woman says...."oh the guy in front of you paid for your coffee". He was already gone so I couldn't even thank him...
I was going to do the same for the person behind me but there was nobody behind me...
Random act of kindness.....I've had it happen before and have done it myself a couple of times.....sort of restores your faith in humanity...

Think I'll be buying someone's coffee tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Blackbirdsrt78

Reaction score
I was at the convenient store a couple of days ago getting a soda and put .28 cents in the tank to keep my car from dying cause its on empty. the off going cashier told the cashier to put the extra quarter on my pump. Good folks at that store

LSM360

Reaction score
Very nice! That's a great story. You're right, there are still plenty of parents that are bringing them up right.

I am very "disappointed" in the amount of calls we receive complaining about skateboarders who have set up a ramp on a residential street. The complaint is "cars have to go around them". Technically, no, they should not have a ramp in the street. But these are small back streets with very little traffic. All I can think is let's be thankful they are getting some exercise, doing something constructive, and not out roaming around getting into trouble. Geez. I won't say here what I tell the skateboarders. Coincidently, yesterday I was parked roadside fiddling with something in my car and three skateboarders went by me. They all looked at me, two with a sort of frightened look. One said "Hi". I said "Hi guys" with a smile. I think they were expecting something else. I say skateboard away!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Very nice! That's a great story. You're right, there are still plenty of parents that are bringing them up right.

I am very "disappointed" in the amount of calls we receive complaining about skateboarders who have set up a ramp on a residential street. The complaint is "cars have to go around them". Technically, no, they should not have a ramp in the street. But these are small back streets with very little traffic. All I can think is let's be thankful they are getting some exercise, doing something constructive, and not out roaming around getting into trouble. Geez. I won't say here what I tell the skateboarders. Coincidently, yesterday I was parked roadside fiddling with something in my car and three skateboarders went by me. They all looked at me, two with a sort of frightened look. One said "Hi". I said "Hi guys" with a smile. I think they were expecting something else. I say skateboard away!

They actually tried to make street hockey illegal here.
You know....kids setting up a couple of nets on each side of the street....
Not sure if it's a Canadian thing but that's where the "Car!!" thing came from.
We're talking quiet side streets here.....it was always a bogus bylaw but never enforced.....hell what's wrong with some kids playing a game of street hockey.
Then one of our nothing better to do councillors decided that something had to be done about this shameless lawlessness!!.....
If memory serves she got laughed and shouted out for it......good!
Play on lads......... "CAR!!!"

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Me and the Wife recently loss one of are dear neighbors do to her having brain cancer. she was a very nice sweet kind older lady. Her son has been over seas for over a year now. I have always took care of her yard maintenance and her gardens for her for many years now. And even though the older lady is no longer with us I told the wife that I will still be doing the same chores for her in her memory. I figured that's the least I can do. Sometimes you just half to do beautiful things for beautiful people in life regardless if they are still here are not with you. Is the way I see it anyways.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Me and the Wife recently loss one of are dear neighbors do to her having brain cancer. she was a very nice sweet kind older lady. Her son has been over seas for over a year now. I have always took care of her yard maintenance and her gardens for her for many years now. And even though the older lady is no longer with us I told the wife that I will still be doing the same chores for her in her memory. I figured that's the least I can do. Sometimes you just half to do beautiful things for beautiful people in life regardless if they are still here are not with you. Is the way I see it anyways.

Very cool Mopar_Gods

Indeed!
Kudos Sir!

A good friend of mine has the sweetest parents.
I needed a place to store one of my cars one winter and they let me keep it there....the unwritten deal was when it snowed I come over and shovel.
That was four years ago......but whenever it snows I go over and shovel.....it's my pleasure to help those folks out.

Back