Fail

slant6billy

Reaction score
So I took the Volare' to the state inspection facility. They asked me 3 times, "What is it?" and then what motor? They stuck one exhaust and checked the gas cap- yes the gas cap too. The young lady working there said, " You actually put your kids in this thing?" I said, "yep all three!" Another young round lady inquired if it was painted in house paint. I responded- "absolutely!" All in all, 5 inspectors are looking at it and acting like I just shot their dog or something. So it failed for Hydrocarbons at 1800. I guess 1800 ppm. So that is a simple fix with the idle screws and some 10W40 Valvoline. It may have not passed, but it surely won't fail next time- now knowing how long and what idle they check at. Observation is the key. So I came home, turned the idle screw in until it stalled, backed off an up the throttle screw. Right now it is idling at 1000 rpm. I'll run it around in a day or 2.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Obviously the "new or no good"mentality is alive and well.
We were at my wife's sister's last summer for a gathering and her husbands sister was looking at my Fifth Ave....she looked at me seriously and said "Is it safe to drive that on the highway?"..... I replied "safer than your new hyundai actually". She said "how can that be?" I replied "I've seen you drive". (I don't like her all that much).... But that is indeed the mentality. I've heard it more than once.

Tune her up and get your plates Billy.....I'm sure it will disgust the sheep to no end.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
you have to do emission tests on pre 87 cars in the states??

in this state you don't have to emissions test any year car. every year on the title holder's birthday the tags expire. you have to bring in proof that the vehicle has insurance, pay a fee and get new ones. and that's it.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Obviously the "new or no good"mentality is alive and well.
We were at my wife's sister's last summer for a gathering and her husbands sister was looking at my Fifth Ave....she looked at me seriously and said "Is it safe to drive that on the highway?"..... I replied "safer than your new hyundai actually". She said "how can that be?" I replied "I've seen you drive". (I don't like her all that much).... But that is indeed the mentality. I've heard it more than once.

Tune her up and get your plates Billy.....I'm sure it will disgust the sheep to no end.

my wife's from inspection states. they've got her so brainwashed, she can't wrap her head around the idea that a car with more than an inch of rust anywhere on it even goes down the road without exploding into a city block leveling fireball.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
my wife's from inspection states. They've got her so brainwashed, she can't wrap her head around the idea that a car with more than an inch of rust anywhere on it even goes down the road without exploding into a city block leveling fireball.

lmfao!!!

slant6billy

Reaction score
In this crackhead state, they only do emissions and plug into the computer - 1996 and newer. They used to do rust, suspension, tires, brakes ... etc. Yes an actual safety inspection. Even failed my Honda for wiperblades when it was 4 years old. So a few years back, as a cost cutting measure- only emissions. That way, they still get the federal money flowing in. These folks are state contractors and can't make rational decisions. They failed my pickup just magically when it went out of warranty. Again, I am not pissed nor upset. This just proves the fact that clueless folks show not be performing task they have no knowledge of. If you were at your job and said, "I don't know what that is?" A boss would have to ask, " Do I have the right person working for me?" Face it, We all had a first day on the job, but it can't be like 50 first dates. Every day can't be your first day on the job. Ignorance is amazing. I don't care if you are a garbage collector or surgeon- know your job and do it well. I have had better conversations with garbage collectors anyway.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Every single time I go into a DMV office up here I see a flabbergasting example of just how simple minded, robotic and ignorant people can be.

And these are people who have been there for well over ten years.

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
I'm glad Kansas doesn't do emmisions. That sounds like a pain in the a$$.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
So its on a state by state basis that sucks ,up here 87 and older no emissions test and i aint complaining but it makes no sense at all cause these are the cars that should be checked ,,i guess the thought process behind it is ,they know most will fail and if that happens there goes the classic car market

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So its on a state by state basis that sucks ,up here 87 and older no emissions test and i aint complaining but it makes no sense at all cause these are the cars that should be checked ,,i guess the thought process behind it is ,they know most will fail and if that happens there goes the classic car market

Actually it used to be the 20 year rule. But then the parasitic leeches figured they could hose us even worse with this setup.
That's why I ditched my 89 Craprice......okay....I blew up the tranny in it too....

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Ya theres 95% more cars on the road that are 87 and newer its simple economics ,,stick it to the majority,,a lot more revenue there but just proves its a joke and has nothing to do with clean air and pollution or it would be opposite ,,but thats no good cause theres no cash there for the powers that be ,its laughable ,but like i said i cant really complain cause I get the free ride ,,even though its wrong imo ,,thats why i keep my car tuned the best i can to try n at least help

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The environmental damage from one prius outweighs my three oldies combined footprint from cradle to grave.

Which is why I do this...

attachment-1-1.jpg

attachment-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
My step daughter owns one of those nasty things ,,i wont even let her park it in the driveway ,,and thats not a joke ,,leave it on the street ,,bad enough theres a sante-gay in the driveway

slant6billy

Reaction score
The best way to deal with idiots is with a smile. These "technicians" were the most antagonizing blowhards I ever met. I mean that bimbo implied I'm a bad parent for letting my kids ride in my car- There are seatbeats in there, so what is the problem. It is not like I asked her where her mouth was last night? Apparently you can go to an autoparts store and buy 200 dollars of stuff to fix the problem and show the receipt at reinspection and they will pass you by default (even if you still are out of bounds). They wouldn't know if the new parts were even installed. So like a friend of mine did, he returned the unopened parts for a full refund after he got the new passing sticker. So hows that for bureaucracy saving the environment.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep...I hear ya. They're braindead arrogant idiots at my DMV but if you give them attitude they'll make your life hell. I just make sure all my paperwork is in order and kill them with a smile.....

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Actually in Ontario, emissions testing only applies if you live in the southern part of the province. There is no testing of cars, in northern Ontario!

Back