Fail

DCAspen

Reaction score
Billy,One question,Is it a Volare? Aspen tailights and grille on a Volare.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Good question. Titled as a Volare' model by Plymouth. Insured the same. I had to hand all my document to the "technician". Which tells me that she could not read English- It was right in her hand. Epitome of lazy! I guess she want me to read it to her? Ya think?

Ok. I'll give some sympathy to her. It does have an aspen Grille and tails. I don't think it would have mattered. I'm glad it wasn't titled as an Aspen. She probably would have tried to inspect it like a modern Chrysler Aspen SUV. Or call me a liar.

It is mostly Volare- using metal from a 76, 79, and 80. The aspen parts other than lights/ grille: 77 SE various parts, 78 Aspen SE and 78 super coupe parts- valance and deck. So I could have confused the matter by this F body stew on 4 wheels.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Hmm i re read it ,i wonder what he means ? No testing at all? Like no safety test needed? Cause i did need a safety but no emissions test ,i cant see no safety test thats crazy

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hmm i re read it ,i wonder what he means ? No testing at all? Like no safety test needed? Cause i did need a safety but no emissions test ,i cant see no safety test thats crazy

I think he means emissions.
Which I could see in places north like Sudbury and North Bay etc..

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Ok so i did read it correct ? He was saying you dont need in northern ont but do in southern ,wich isnt the case as i live here and dont need one but i think he may be saying that no cars at all need emissions in the north ?

Monkeyed

Reaction score
i cant see no safety test thats crazy

lol almost 25 years of driving, never had one safety inspection. other than one's I've done myself. pretty much, when you go to buy a car, you want to make sure the brake lights/turn signals/headlights work, (or at least sorta work) there's brakes more or less most of the time, possibly a windshield, doors if you're going to drive in winter are a good idea, the tire's aren't about to fall off, and it goes down the road under it's own power for a reasonable distance based on a price/looks sliding scale..... and that's if you can be bothered, and actively give a damn. otherwises, ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances :icon_thumright:

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
lol almost 25 years of driving, never had one safety inspection. other than one's I've done myself. pretty much, when you go to buy a car, you want to make sure the brake lights/turn signals/headlights work, (or at least sorta work) there's brakes more or less most of the time, possibly a windshield, doors if you're going to drive in winter are a good idea, the tire's aren't about to fall off, and it goes down the road under it's own power for a reasonable distance based on a price/looks sliding scale..... and that's if you can be bothered, and actively give a damn. otherwises, ya pays ya money, ya takes ya chances :icon_thumright:
In ontario canada where i am anyways you cant get plates for your car until its got a safety and a smog test if you own a car 87 and newer ,now theres ways around it if you car wont pass and you know it ,or if its modded to much you can get a fake safety now hear me out thats just street slang ,,its a real safety cert from a cert garage but they didnt actually look at your car ,,lol a real safety is about $80 a fake/real is $200 aprox depending on who it is ,,its illegal and i would not ever advise anyone to do or get one but there out there ,,not many shops do it no more as there taking a chance of loosing there licence but some older hole in the wall shops sometimes will still do it ,,again i wouldent nor recommend doing this ,not only is it illegal but your car could be unsafe and kill you and or others ,the only reason i mentioned it is some cars do deserve to be on the road but you shouldn't fail imo just cause you have modified your tail pipes for example

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Coloring book safety's used to be a dime a dozen. Now they're close to impossible to find.....in my opinion that's a good thing.
Too many shops have lost their operating license and they no longer do it.
As far as emissions tests go....it's the biggest tax grab scam on the planet.
Pay extra and buddy with his blue smoke belching 99 honda can get a temporary pass. Meanwhile they'll give a guy with a 87 or older the hairy eyeball because he doesn't have to take the test. Even though my cars being beautifully tuned put out half the crap of buddy with the honda. Let's also not forget that I've kept three cars out of the landfill. But in the world of disposable cars I guess that doesn't count for much. The whole idea being to get you to buy a new car every five years.....

This is the hypocritical enviroinsanity going on.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
all I can say is, it takes very little common sense to know if your car isn't safe. the police can and will pull people over and issue a "fix-it ticket" if it's blatantly dangerous. make the repairs within a certain amount of time, the officer looks it over, and signs off on it, and that's the end of it..

alf44

Reaction score
southern minnesota there is no e testing or safety testing. never had a car safety tested at the DMV. they never even came outside to look at any of my cars. just every year i go in, say i need tags. they look it up and 55 bucks later im good for another year

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Wow thats crazy ,lol but good if ya live there ,,do you have to get an aprasile if its pre87 ? Ya do here they wont accept a bill of sale no more and theres no blue book on them ,,i had to pay dubble what my bill of sale said cause it was apraised at twice the value

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
southern minnesota there is no e testing or safety testing. never had a car safety tested at the DMV. they never even came outside to look at any of my cars. just every year i go in, say i need tags. they look it up and 55 bucks later im good for another year

Gotta like that.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
In Alberta, if you want regular plates, you need to get a safety for any vehicle over 10 years old. If you want collector plates, you don't need any inspection, just a bill of sale. Inspections can only be done by licensed mechanics. I don't know of any mechanics who would sign off on a bad vehicle, as doing that will have your license revoked. Regular plates allow the car to be daily driven, collector plates will only allow you to go to shows and gatherings (no driving to work, no shopping, no visiting friends, etc.). Regular plates are $85/year for my daily driver, $100 lifetime for collector plates.

Kostas

Back