Police stare

slant6billy

Reaction score
Local town cop slowed up in front of my house and just stared at the car. Of course there is no tags on it officer.... it is too cold to paint just yet. "See them tail lights ... as in what tail lights?" And I wanted to take it for a quick blast too...... DAMN IT TO HELL!
140404-141644.jpg

If he stared any longer, it would have left a mark.

140404-141644.jpg

80 Lebaron Coupe

Reaction score
U probably have one of them Goodie Goodie 2shoes neighbors that calls in when you take your spin around the block,
But you always get back to the house before they can get to the area.
So He's giving you that " I'm watching U buddy" stare.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
he's probably woundering if he's gonna have to upgrade to a faster squad car

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Okay okay....I know....it's a chebbie.
But speaking of police stares.....
This was my rotbox Craprice I used as a daily beater for a while.
It looked like crap so I painted it flat black with a roller and Tremclad
Figured it was a cute idea to plaster it with racing stickers.
Nah.....not a heat score at all was it?
Had cops tailing me daily......

DSC06566-1.jpg

DSC06566-1.jpg

Last edited:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Events like this are why I loved living in the big city. I cruised around in a flat-black big-block Charger with open headers every freakin' day for the better part of a year, with nice, shiny "440 SIX PACK" emblems on the hood and never got so much as a glance from the cops. They had bigger fish to fry. I was finally ticketed by a cop that lived a couple of buildings away in my apartment complex... "I'm giving you a ticket, but I'm actually begging you to put quiet mufflers on this thing. I work nights, and you wake me up every f__king morning when you leave for work. It's killing me." I somewhat obliged with DynoMax Super Hemi Turbos and turndowns at the rear axle. I was legal and apparently he could sleep after that, because all he ever did was wave when he saw me. :icon_biggrin:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Events like this are why I loved living in the big city. I cruised around in a flat-black big-block Charger with open headers every freakin' day for the better part of a year, with nice, shiny "440 SIX PACK" emblems on the hood and never got so much as a glance from the cops. They had bigger fish to fry. I was finally ticketed by a cop that lived a couple of buildings away in my apartment complex... "I'm giving you a ticket, but I'm actually begging you to put quiet mufflers on this thing. I work nights, and you wake me up every f__king morning when you leave for work. It's killing me." I somewhat obliged with DynoMax Super Hemi Turbos and turndowns at the rear axle. I was legal and apparently he could sleep after that, because all he ever did was wave when he saw me. :icon_biggrin:

I actually live in the big city of Toronto but I think what the problem was is that thing stuck out like a nuclear sub in the sea of hyondayota's we have roaming our streets. Didn't matter really....they'd tail me for a while, run my plate which came up spotless then turn off to find some other target.
Fun car while it lasted....I beat the living piss out of that thing.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I beat the tar out of my Charger, too, but I think there's less for Johnny Law to do in Toronto than Atlanta GA. I could be wrong. :icon_biggrin:

Sore thumb?

Atl.St-Bulge.jpg

Atl.St-Bulge.jpg

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, the cops weren't looking at it much, but the traffic on I-285 sure got the hell out of the way!

slant6billy

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I know a good amount of police. When I rode sport bikes (crotch rockets), I rode with a few townies and one state trooper. Lets just say, they liked 6th gear too and leave it at that. I went to school with several of my town's finest. My neighbor up the street (chevy guy with a 62 belair) has been harassed in the last year from everything - lawn unkempt, shrubs over hang sidewalk, car overhang the sidewalk (while parked in the driveway), parked car with bad inspection, parked car with expired registration, yada yada- it goes on. He is 63, medically retired last year due to Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and a really cool dude. Yet, "THE MAN" is breaking his balls. My neighbor is forbidden to wrench by doctor's orders. I just did his daughter inlaw's brakes Monday night. So he is in a bit of hell.... can't wrench, cops on his case, and dealing with a possible slow death sentence. He and I believe it is one of the other neighbors, but don't know who. He has lived on the street for 26 years. Last summer he would not let me cut his grass and I would not step on his pride. I have a non motorized sheering mower now, so the mowing fairy will be cutting in the wee hours to keep him legal. He had to put a car cover on the 62 chevy ,which is registered and insured- because it was an eye sore. It is flat blue with a white top sitting on american racing wheels- wheres the crime in that? I think it is great to fit an image of suburbia.... soccer mom's crossover suv (because mini vans are so yesterday) and everyone trying to out do each other. I want no part of the competition. My daily drivers are a 95 ram conversion van and an 01 honda , both are tired looking.... but paid for. I had a Realtor ask me last week if the van was broken down. She was trying to sell a house on the next street. I told her it was not her concern. So I get a bit hostel when someone is critiquing my stuff. Gives me a warm feeling that my van is costing this beotch her commission. Big boats on trailers and R/V trailers in the front of their houses or on the street for years and no one complains. I hide my trailer way behind my house to the point you'll really have to make an effort to spot it. I try to play nice with the neighbors. Some you just can't get through to.
Shame..... it is going up to 60 something today too.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Busy body neighbors..gotta love 'em.
I think I mentioned it somewhere else but...
Last year we all started getting tickets overnight.
I have one parking spot for the Fifth and the Volare gets parked in front of a neighbors house up the street who's totally cool with it.
The majority of my neighbors have multiple rides so a lot of us park on the street.
No issues, no parking restrictions have ever been enforced.
Technically it's 3 hour parking but as I said....we've never had a problem.
Parking enforcement leaves us be......till last year.
Apparently one of our "needs a hobby" neighbors decided they didn't like the look of a certain someone's 96 slightly rusting Ram.
If they come by to hand out one ticket, the whole street gets nailed.
I did a bit of detective work and narrowed my suspects down to one.
An old retired German lady....something had to be done
$30 a night gets pricey over time.
I knocked on her door and when she answered seemed a bit taken aback by the plaid wearing redneck on her front stoop.
I was polite and courteous and simply asked her if she had any idea who was calling the parking enforcement because things were getting a bit expensive having them withdraw $30 donations nightly.
She denied any knowledge of it and we continued to have a very pleasant chat.
Haven't had a ticket since nor has anyone on the street. :thumbsup:

brotherGood

Reaction score
I never had anything like that with my car, but the truck I had before it was a 98 ram. I put the 20" OEM wheels from the '04s on it, it looked good. I turned the corner, and watched a cop pull the radar gun out and shoot my truck to make sure I wasn't going to speed. Then as I passed, he put it away, even though there were a lot more cars back there..Lol.

Couldn't voice my true opinion, we were on a church event..Lol

My imp

Reaction score
Had the same problem on our street. All it does is to pit neighbor against neighbor. Everyone shooting the "stink eye" at one & another. I've lived here since '89, & couldn't tell you more than 3 neighbors names. I'm a live & let live kind of guy. If I don't like what I see on your property, I look away, it's none of my business. I expect the same. Will always lend a hand, if needed. But, you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. But it's always been the same wherever I've lived. Someone always seems to appoint themselves the neighborhood zoning watch dog. When I was younger, this very neighborhood was known for all the gear heads that live here. Ford, GM, & Chrysler all HAD plants near here. Brunswick was THE place to move if you were in the automotive careers. Now, 40 years later, Medina County has become Yuppieland! Many new zoning reg.'s have been instituted that many don't want. I've paid property taxes for 25 yrs. now. Why should some snotty-nosed yuppie come in & decide he doesn't like cars, boats, trailers, trucks, or whatever anywhere on the property? So much for individual rights. Liberty & justice for all (that can afford it!)!

NoCar340

Reaction score
Here, it's city-wide but we're a small town. I live literally on the city limit; the center of my street is the dividing line. We have a "blight ordinance", and every year the police come around in spring to hand out tickets. To their credit, they hate doing it but it is the law. It's the only time they enforce it, though. I get my ticket every year for having an unregistered/inoperative vehicle in my yard, which they will drop if you "clean up" within 14 days. I quite literally move the car across the street and they come back and drop the ticket. Then I bring the car back and I'm good for another year.

One year, I wasn't home so the officer left a ticket in my mailbox. I ignored it, but I waited--prayed--for it to go to court. I had the right section of United States Code printed and ready so I could point out that the officer had in fact committed a federal felony by using my mailbox for items that had not gone through the Postal Service. I'm not surprised that ticket vanished on its own.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Send me that code section - if you could please. I (my wife) had an issue with a certain person, who used and uses the mail box to be difficult. Simply put, this person refuses to deal direct with my wife- won't answer emails, phone calls or texts. This person tried to get me to "talk to my wife" on their behalf. I told this person to speak directly to my wife. So it resorts to notes and bullshit left in the mail box. My regular mail guy is cool and he is willing to report this woman to the postal inspector. Typically, it takes a complaint from a neighbor around here for a bullshit citation. I've backed off lighting up the tires out front, because it is getting to the point my cool neighbors are getting pissed. I just don't want visits from the town officials checking on my shit. My stuff is all legal, but my family roots trace back to prohibition bathtub gin, so I don't take kindly to the government poking around in my backyard out of principle.

Back