The 225 SSS

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not sure how soon I'm going to get to it but I'm slowly gathering all the goodies for it. My idea is for my 225 SSS (Sleeper Super Six)

Got my Offy intake....the Edelbrock is just for show....I'll have to use something smaller. My intent is to go four barrel but paint it just like a stock Super Six. I can apparently use something like a 360 air cleaner base from a Dodge truck that will fit a 4 barrel and the Super Six pie plate will fit. Bone stock appearing with a little something extra...... Nothing will happen till the spring at the earliest.....but in the meantime I can stare and dream.....

2014-11-22 21.56.08-1.jpg

2014-11-22 21.56.29-1.jpg

2014-11-22 21.56.08-1.jpg

2014-11-22 21.56.29-1.jpg

Last edited:

compubert

Reaction score
Got half a million on mine and wouldn't take a dyed monkey for it... if and when the grand old gal gives up I will part it out on this board.
My oldest still wants help doing an oil change. sooo sad..

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Lol!!!
Hopefully he'll come around.....
The main reason I've put it off for so long is because that dang Super Six runs like a dream and as I've stated before the one in the Caravelle thinks it's a hot rod...it's definitely got attitude.

I might just enjoy the crap out of it for another season but the day will come when I dive into it. I think it would be pretty cool to have the Sleeper Super Six.

compubert

Reaction score
There are tons of vids on youtube with slants tearing it up... I smoked a BMW 6 up in Atlanta, till I caught 3rd and ripped the middle out of my clutch... that was embarrassing... :icon_redface:

compubert

Reaction score
That was the last clutch I put in, went with the van unit, scrubs a lil on the edges but I am using the ENTIRE pressure plate surface, and the noise went away after a few minutes. LOTs more grip too.. I have read many great things about the /6 and a four. Power and gas mileage too!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Been thinking about it for a long time.
Soon I'll just go for it.
Without a major overhaul I think tops I can go something like 390 cfm so it's not over the top. And yes.....gas mileage would still be pretty good as long as I can keep my foot out of the secondaries.

Like that's gonna happen..... :tongue3:

compubert

Reaction score
I went to DC from Daytona Beach to get the car when my pop said he was just abandoning it at the hospital there (NIH Bethesda) and got a one way ticket to the hospital, drove back at exactly 55 since that was the "law" then, and was trying to ration gasoline. Managed to eek 38.8 miles per out of the beast, and well, have never seen 55 or 30s mileage again since... just too much fun to drive it!! 6 clutches was too many *my fault* and it saw thousands of miles in the woods too. I no longer have the dust shield for the trans, but I dont go in the woods anymore either. . .

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So much talk in print about the monster engines but man I gotta say those little slants are a blast....the one barrel.....not quite as much but with knowing what you're doing on your side I've kicked more than a few assess of the lights with my little Super Sixes......hence the extra fun of the 225 SSS :icon_biggrin:

Mr C

Reaction score
What cam are you going to run? It would be a shame to run a 4 bbl and not take advantage of it with a peppier cam.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
What cam are you going to run? It would be a shame to run a 4 bbl and not take advantage of it with a peppier cam.

I haven't even gotten around to cam shopping or consulting yet but I know I will have to go more aggressive or as you say it would be a moot point to even bother. I have a good friend who builds some fine race engines and he will be my consultant on this. I simply do not have the knowledge in that department.
I'm hoping to get up to 500 cfm if possible and let him pick the appropriate cam. I don't want to go insane on this though. Cam and carb is what I'm hoping to keep it down to.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Going to need an exhaust upgrade,Slant six header and 2" exhaust will really wake it up.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what I'm doing for exhaust yet but the old is definitely getting replaced with something more suitable. I have a great exhaust guy and we'll be knocking heads on this one.

BHA43

Reaction score
Just run a tractor stack straight up thru the hood like the diesel boys do!:eusa_whistle:. My A 100 has an Offenhouser, Holley 390, split header, 3 on the tree & I think 4:10 gears. Don't know about the cam but it's a blast to drive!

a-100 002.jpg

Not sure exactly what I'm doing for exhaust yet but the old is definitely getting replaced with something more suitable. I have a great exhaust guy and we'll be knocking heads on this one.

a-100 002.jpg

Last edited:

BHA43

Reaction score
Its put away till spring I have never took it's motor pic. If i'm in that building with a cam I'll try kinda tight quarters under the dog house!

compubert

Reaction score
Years ago got a fellow to bend a factory following replacement for my car, instead of 1.7/8ths went to 2.1/4, no cat, and a resonator where the muffler was, just b4 the back tire I asked him to cut it out to the passenger side in front of the back tire. Sounds great, and at top end no restrictions - not that it sees top end anymore. . . I will try and get a sound file to upload. ..

Back