The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
There does not seem to be much, if any, improvement on the way.
april 3 2016.png

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
We had snow Friday night, then Sat afternoon turned into a winter wonderland.
This morning I saw salt on the road, just when everything from winter was washed away.

Same drill, no buses after 11pm and police dept. closes at 10:30
apr03.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
How can they close the Police Dept? No matter what the Police, Fire and EMS are always open, 24/7 around here.
I'm with you on the salt thing Doctor. With the mass amount of rain we'd gotten the past couple weeks, it was all washed away and street sweepers had started cleaning up (at least here in Rib Mountain). Now,,,,,,,,,roads are white with salt and covered with tons of sand again. Now it'll have to start all over. Only words I can think of to describe it are ones I can't post here. :mad:

Justwondering

Reaction score
But just a 'few' miles south:
IMG_3905.jpg

16 mile trip to enjoy the trim in the car.
IMG_3862.jpg

Flowers in bloom in town (Wisteria).
IMG_3888.jpg
Buddy helping me change the blower resister in the Chevy
IMG_3909.jpg

What the dog found in the woods north of the house.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
If I just woke from a coma and someone said it was Dec 5, I'd believe them

Last few weeks the blue jays and cardinals were singing early in the morning, not today.
In fact I didn't see a bird all day.

Three way hit, Colorado low, Alberta Clipper and a polar vortex.
dec04.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
LOL, a couple days ago during the white out's, I saw the robin's walking around on the ground, staying near buildings with a WTF look on their face. From the looks of it, they're about to pop (with eggs).
Didn't even get above freezing today for criminies sake. COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Guess we got that whole global warming thing under control.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I think they're going to be calling all of us with old cars to fire them all up so they can warm things up a bit.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You almost could have like a week ago here but I guess the old man isn't ready to go yet. 17°F for the high tomorrow.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's getting really tough to keep the attitude and mood positive lately.
Why? It's April 5th and the temp is 36 degrees and it looks like a freaking blizzard out there (started about 3pm).

Aspen500

Reaction score
Nice radar picture, NOT. All this crap headed right at us :mad:
BTW, "us" is Wausau (more or less center of the pic).:eek:
april 5 2016 radar.gif

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sure is going to be nice when spring gets here, isn't it?
Had snow, sleet, ice pellets, snow, ice pellets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,last night. Then it was total white out this morning with HUGE snow flakes coming down for a couple hours, then it turned to ice pellets again, more sleet, back to snow, then sleet, lather rinse repeat. Right now it's sort of a snow/rain hybrid type of thing. Made it all the way up to a sweaty 35 degrees.
Tell me it's going to warm up at some point, please? Even if you have to lie. I'd be happy with average (which is 50 degrees this time of April).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well now it's raining. That's good right? Better than snow. Oh wait! What's that? It's turning into freezing rain overnight? Wow! Freakin awesome!

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Then there is this wind! For the last several years we have had really high winds around here. They call them straight line winds. Where did these come from? They rip roofs off of houses, knock over trees, and topple small buildings. I have been in this area my entire life, and we just did not have these winds until like ten years ago. They have subsequently caused all of the home owner's insurance rates to go through the roof.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The snow/sleet finally stopped this morning and saw a few brief peeks of sunshine and I mean very few and very brief. Hit a balmy high of 38 but at least there was a nice north breeze to cool you off. Tomorrow we'll look back to today and reminisce about how warm it was. Friday's predicted "high" is 33 after 1-2" of snow tonight.
Come on already! This is getting really, really, really, really old.

Back