The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
We are okay, but thanks for asking.
The worst of it went just south of us. We had lots of rain and high winds 85+mph. Just a little to far north for the southern storm... just a little to far south for the northern storm.

Friends were further south and they are just whipped. Trees shredded, siding whacked, no windows left on west side of the house and all cars lost windows. They look like someone took a crowbar to them.

Hubby and I are fine.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Its all good... no apologies necessary.

The rest of the story was the lengthy discussion here at the house regarding at least a carport for the 87 Fifth Avenue so the car stays safe in case we take a direct hit next time. lol

So the compromise was to move the construction clutter out from under one side of the veranda and after I use some extra stone to make a ramp, the car gets put under the I-beam supported wood veranda. Gotta have your priorities don't cha know..

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Its all good... no apologies necessary.

The rest of the story was the lengthy discussion here at the house regarding at least a carport for the 87 Fifth Avenue so the car stays safe in case we take a direct hit next time. lol

So the compromise was to move the construction clutter out from under one side of the veranda and after I use some extra stone to make a ramp, the car gets put under the I-beam supported wood veranda. Gotta have your priorities don't cha know..

Agreed. :D

Aspen500

Reaction score
Priorities. That's why the car sits in an air conditioned garage and the people sit in an not air conditioned house. People don't rust from humidity, cars do!
Finally it's here. Started out kind of nipply at 31 now it's all sunshine and 68 degrees out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little windy but can't complain. Didn't hear any frogs last evening but,,,,,,,,,,maybe tonight is the night? Hope.

Next few days don't look too darn shabby either. Keep it coming!
april 14 2016.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
about 20 degree temp swing (downward), drizzle, very overcast, even the dogs don't want to be out there (pampered??)... and they said generally sunny for next 2 days...here's hoping the afternoon looks better

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's not one single cloud in the sky, very little wind (so far anyways), already up to 60...................Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Best part is, the frogs were going nuts last night, loud as can be so now I'm satisfied that spring is REALLY here to stay. Even if it's been warm for 2 weeks straight, as long as you don't hear the frogs, it means winter will come back. Man, it sure is a mood enhancer!

Aspen500

Reaction score
LOL! About how it works, isn't it? I'll take 100 degrees over -20 anytime though!
Wisconsin: As high as 108 in July and as low as -39 (with a -60 windchill on top of it) in January.......Which would you choose?:eek:

Those are the highest and lowest temps I can remember since moving here in 1976, btw.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I'll take that -39 stuff. Summer is to hot, and miserable.

There is a simple theory to this, in the Winter I can always put on more layers to keep warm. In the Summer there is only so much I can take off, and I am still to hot.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm just a southern soul.
Put me in that snow and windchill and I add layers til I look like the pillsbury dough boy and grow frightened I may fall over and never get back up. Lying there in the cold shivering until the spring thaw.
Whereas,
if it gets really hot, I can sit under a shade tree with a cold drink watching a few white clouds wander through a pretty blue sky. And if it gets up to 100, I have an a/c to lower the temp. Heck it gets down to 50's and I'm shivering looking for my coat. Good thing the heater works so well in the Fifth. lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've lived here since 1976 and have still never gotten acclimated to the cold. Until I was 11 or 12, we lived in Santa Monica CA and below 50 was considered frigid. However, I'd rather live here and put up with cold than live out there where the ONLY good thing is the weather any day!

No problem with that today. Sun hasn't come up yet but it's mostly clear and headed for the upper 70's at least. I didn't even realize it but, on the weather last night the "official" high was 80 degrees(!) Less than a week ago (last Monday) it barely got above freezing and had wind upwards of 50 mph. Yesterday was MUCH better.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous here today and yesterday. If I wasn't so brutalized from my damn birthday party last night I'd have the cars out again today. Ouch.

Back