The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not that it's COLD out at 53 (as of 5pm) but that's about 30 degrees cooler than yesterday which kind of messes with your system.

Next 7 days shows high 50's to low 60's which is our normal for this time of year but I liked the Abby Normal temps in the 80's MUCH better.
--- Post updated ---
I like when the forecast you see at 6am is wrong,,,,,,,in the GOOD direction. Was forecasted to be overcast, high of 60 and rain in the afternoon. Ended up being partly cloudy, 76 and no rain (!)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Old man winter is trying one last kick at the can this weekend. Supposed to hit freezing overnight Sunday and then I'm pretty sure he's out of viagara after that.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The weather both sucks and is great today. What I mean is, it's only in the 40's and raining. Key word is RAINING, as in wash the flippin' salt off the road at long last, and that's the great part about it.

The sign in front of the DNR office says "Fire Danger: Extremely High". We've had fires start along RR tracks from a slight spark off a train wheel it's so dry. Probably those darn CN trains ;)
Only precip this month was snow that caused the salt brigade to be dispatched at the beginning of April and some sort of snow-like substance resembling Styrofoam bb's a couple weeks ago. No rain at all until this morning. So, it sucks because it's not very warm, it's raining and it's the weekend but once it warms up again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the Aspen can come out of it's cave, provided it doesn't rain every day for 3 weeks straight now (that's happened other years).

April showers? Well, better late than never I suppose.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a fire ban coming up at my trailer park soon if we don't get any substantial rain soon. Been dry as a bone here since the last snow and that was a while ago. They claim rain is coming.

Today it's chilly. Calling for a high of maybe 42° and rain on the way.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, "they" have been claiming it was going to rain for the past few days and you could see the swath coming on radar, then it would either dissipate or split and go right around. All outdoor burning is banned right now, including charcoal grill's and fire pits. Gas grill's and gas powered fire pits are OK, just nothing that could have hot embers that could float away. Guess I should say, charcoal grill's aren't BANNED but highly recommended you not use one. They also make sure to mention the fact that if you cause a fire, you are responsible for the costs of putting it out and any damage it causes. That pretty much makes everyone follow the recommendations.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's been raining pretty dang hard for the past couple hours so,,,,,,,,,,,,GOODBYE SALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh happy days!

Darth-Car

Reaction score
:confused: We have been getting rain each week, and are really going to get hit this coming week.

23Ipfg_whio_5day.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!!!!!!!! The roads HAVE to be salt free by now. Rained hard and still is, should have gotten the job done. Now,,,,,,,to wait for nice weather again. I'm thinking next Saturday could see a certain blue car driving down the street. Man I can't wait!
LOL, Sunday (today) partly sunny and 56. I think not!

april 24 2016.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
They lied again. See the forecast a couple posts up where it say high of 55 for today? Yeah right! Good one! Got up to a steamy 47. At least the sun made it's return late in the afternoon. This morning it was just plain efing cold. Supposed to brush freezing tonight. Where'd the 70's and 80's go to? I want them back.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, it's still f****** cold here too, but warmer than Hogtown. Think it got to 43 (20 degrees below average) and that ice cold wind really sucks. The theoretical warm up is getting closer. Couple more days to tough it out yet...................................

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
They were saying on the news yesterday that so far for April we have gotten less that 10% of our normal rainfall. Water restrictions are now set to start 2 weeks earlier this year than last.

Justwondering

Reaction score
oh lordy ... we've been having your rain.
It is a little slower than last year though. last year we had DOUBLE our normal rainfall -- nearly 79 inches.
This year we are about 3 inches over normal so far. I'd send you some liquid sunshine if I could.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We're at less than half normal precip for the month. Right now at lunch time it's 38 and sleeting. I am not impressed at all............................

Back