The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
We've got a simply stellar start to the holiday weekend going (sarcasm intended). Dark gray sky, 71 degrees, muggy as all heck (98%), no breeze at all, off and on rain sprinkles, everything is soaking wet...........................One of those days a person feels like just staying in bed.

Still, I'll take this over ice cold and snowing any day!

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's kind of what happened here 7T8. Weeks on end with no rain and now it doesn't want to stop. I mean it stops, but only for a few hours at most and then it's back. The lawn is growing like a weed and trying to get it mowed is tough. Got 1/3 done Thursday evening, then it started raining. Got another 1/3rd done last evening, then the rains came again. It's a 1/2 acre lot so it isn't like I can mow the whole thing in 20 minutes, lol. Doesn't look like much hope for finishing it up today either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Justwondering

Reaction score
a/c at the house has been running for a month now. sometimes to cool but also to draw down the humidity. After this next week, they say we will get into a dry time.
Means I start back in on the walls to the house. Oh joy.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Now it's getting irritating. Still trying to get the rest of the lawn mowed. Yesterday was a lost cause and today every time it dries up enough to mow, another friggin' rain storm rolls though and soaks everything again. Grumble......... At this rate, if I do get it finished it'll probably be time to start all over again tomorrow. Oh well, I'd rather have to mow the lawn twice a week than shovel/blow snow a single time.

On the plus side, it's in the low 70's and there's a nice breeze so all is not lost.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Now it's getting irritating. Still trying to get the rest of the lawn mowed. Yesterday was a lost cause and today every time it dries up enough to mow, another friggin' rain storm rolls though and soaks everything again. Grumble......... At this rate, if I do get it finished it'll probably be time to start all over again tomorrow. Oh well, I'd rather have to mow the lawn twice a week than shovel/blow snow a single time.

On the plus side, it's in the low 70's and there's a nice breeze so all is not lost.

Send some of that water this way will ya?

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
We got about an inch and a half of rain yesterday and now it`s clear and sunny so I guess it`s off to cut the lawn for me.
We got about a minute and half of rain .. then the sun came back and heated everything up !! In the basement in front of the fan for me ... can't handle the humidity anymore ... gonna be a long summer!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Now THIS is more like it!
Clear, headed for a high of 81, light breeze, low humidity and 0% chance of rain(!)
At least we salvaged one day of a three day weekend.

Of course the rain shows back up tomorrow afternoon and then the forecast has a chance of rain every friggin' day through next Sunday. Some days it's only a small chance but still......:(

Guess if I want to take the car out, better do it today.

Justwondering

Reaction score
5 hours of storming, rain, thunder, lightning from 1 am to about 5:30 am
Knocked out the electricity
which means no air concentrator
had to switch to oxygen tanks
then swap bottles out
electric is back on, so switched back to air concentrator
he's resting comfortably now
its still lightly raining
feels like cotton for brains today.. glad its a holiday (2 1/2 inches rain so far)

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Oh my!! ... I pray all goes well ... wow, with all you do, you certainly don't need the weather adding to your woes. I just need to "get with it" and stop my whining.

Justwondering

Reaction score
volareandgtcat
thanks for the thought... just get swamped sometimes and have to remember..
I can do anything... for just one day.
I can't worry about tomorrow or what I should have done yesterday.
I just have to take care of today... for one more day.

Sun is out, sky is blue, few puffy clouds on the horizon. Extra glue traps ready for the car (laced with peanut butter and pecans)...

Aspen500

Reaction score
Mice??? Best bait ever for them, peanut butter. It's like catnip is to a cat except when the mouse goes to taste the peanut butter he or she gets a severe neck injury.

Turned out to be just beautiful today. Mostly sunny, perfect light breeze of 2-3 mph, the humidity is a whopping 17% as of 5:30 pm and it's 83 degrees. It seriously doesn't get any better than this! Too bad it has to end tonight.........At least we did manage one good day out of the three day weekend. The first two days pretty much blew chunks.
No rain for weeks and now it doesn't know when to quit. :(

may 30 2016.jpg

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
we are averaging 2 inches of rain every day this week.
9 dead so far from drownings and fast water
I grow weary of the gray skies

Back