The FMJ Weather Channel

Justwondering

Reaction score
Here you go
grey sky.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Those are just some UGLY looking clouds.
Had heavy clouds here today but nothing even close to them! Started out clear and sunny, by 9 am it was totally clouded over, all dark gray and lumpy looking in the sky. Never did get all that warm, relatively speaking. Think it managed high 60's eventually but it took it's own sweet time about it and the sun only peeked through a few times,,,,,,briefly. :( At least it didn't rain at all.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It was in the low 70's and partly sunny but really windy (like 15-25 mph) until about 4pm and then it got darker and darker, the street lights came on and the wind stopped dead in it's tracks. Oh-oh. Heard the kiss your ass goodbye sirens start sounding and hightailed it for indoors. Wind came out of nowhere (according to TV up to 70 mph) and then the lightning, thunder and torrential rain along with being plunged into darkenss when the power went out. From what I could see traffic was going about 5 mph or just stopped totally. Lasted probably 20 minutes or so and then all you could hear were sirens,,,,,,,all 3 types, firetruck, police car, and ambulance. Got to admit, it was a little bit scary:eek:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It was in the low 70's and partly sunny but really windy (like 15-25 mph) until about 4pm and then it got darker and darker, the street lights came on and the wind stopped dead in it's tracks. Oh-oh. Heard the kiss your ass goodbye sirens start sounding and hightailed it for indoors. Wind came out of nowhere (according to TV up to 70 mph) and then the lightning, thunder and torrential rain along with being plunged into darkenss when the power went out. From what I could see traffic was going about 5 mph or just stopped totally. Lasted probably 20 minutes or so and then all you could hear were sirens,,,,,,,all 3 types, firetruck, police car, and ambulance. Got to admit, it was a little bit scary:eek:

That kind of thing is always a bit of a pulse quickener. Nothing like having that happen while you're in a trailer in a park. o_O

Aspen500

Reaction score
Found out today the storm was a lot worse than I thought. Trees down everywhere, the roof is torn half off a middle school on the west side, got to work and,,,,,where'd our sign go? There it is,,,,,,,,smashed on the parking lot 30 feet from where it used to be. Snapped the huge posts off like twigs, tore the wires out and blew it across the lot. CARQUEST next door to work had almost every light bulb blown out, as in exploded. DANG! Electricians were there most of the day. We (meaning my employer) owns the CARQUEST building and leases it to them so not sure who's insurance will take the hit.
Today, just cold, dark, cloudy, rain off and on and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WINDY. Pretty much sucked big red donkey dick.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
So long as you stay indoors, and safe, that is what is important. Things can be fixed, or replaced; you can not be replaced so easily.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I just spent the morning washing the outside of the car.
Its been hitting 84 by 11 am and 95 around 2 to 4 pm.
Felt good to see the outside trim finished.
Haven't come up with the decals for the inside yet.
No wind, blue skies.
IMG_4410.jpg

This spring, that cardinal in the picture has decided to attack the bird in the mirror on each car.
So when you come visit, you know why there is a shopping bag covering outside side mirrors on every vehicle.
Otherwise I get bird poop on the paint and scratched mirrors.
Very determined bird..

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I think our monsoon season is finally over.
Now the high humidity 100’+ F temps (the kind that feels like sand bags fall on you, just as you are greeted by the temp difference).

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's getting a little better. Got to mid 60's today,,,,,,,,,,,,eventually. Heavy clouds and a cold wind until noon time and then the sun came out. Had to have the doors shut at work until 2pm or so, especially with the wind.
Soon the temp goes up and then our friend humidity arrives from you good folks down south. Thanks so much for sharing o_O
june 07 2016.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, we appriciate it,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT.:D

Today the humidity is 21% (at noon anyways), sounds like Friday we'll add another 50% to it. Prepare to sweat! Good news though, I took Friday off this week, heh-heh.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Just to show you how different thing are in various places in the world. We had a High Heat Warning from Environment Canada (equivalent to the National Weather Service in the US) yesterday. They were warning of temperatures as high as 31C (about 82 F). In a lot of other places, most people wouldn't bat an eyelash at those temperatures.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Was down at dad's cleaning up and loading a trailer for delivery tomorrow. Started at 8:30 am, finished about 11:30 am. Temp was 75 when I started and 94 when I quit. No breeze, but was under a humongous pecan tree so it was much cooler in the shade.
That's about normal for this time of year.
And no rain-- blue skies.
Phoenix, AZ has already had over 110 for several days this past week. Yesterday was the first time they were 'only' 107.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hottest I ever saw here was 109 but (luckily!) the humidity was less than 20%. Yeah, in the sun it's still very hot but in the shade it's fairly tolerable. In the grand scheme of things there normally aren't a whole lot of days per year above 90 degrees or where there's stifling high humidity. One small downside to that is it may be in the 90's during the day but as soon as the sunsets,,,,,,,PLOP, temp drops like a stone. That's when you get a high of 92 and a low of 46 for example.

Today it went from 42 all the way up to 71 with mostly clear skies and only a light breeze. Not bad but a little warmer would be nice. Guess "up north" (like 80-100 miles north) it got below freezing last night. Ef'ing brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Converted 31 C wrong. It is indeed 88 F.

The one thing about Calgary is that it is extremely dry, as most of Alberta is (cue Fort McMurray forest fire). Temperatures can get high, but they are still livable. 31C in Calgary is a lot better than 25C in Montreal. We do get some very violent rain and hailstorms, though. One thing that a lot of people don't believe is how bright the sun is in Calgary, due to Calgary's elevation (3300'). The solar heating, and the lack of humidity cause temps to really drop when the sun goes down.

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Some nights around here when the sun goes down all we lose is the breeze ..... and maybe a few degrees. I don't look forward to the dog days of August ... the other 3 seasons are just fine with me .. summer is for the young .... lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
Not sure what happened to the "big warm up" they forecast. It's late morning and totally overcast and still only mid 60's with an almost cold wind. Maybe it'll redeem itself this afternoon.....................

Back