The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
Please disregard my former comments:D

About an hour later it semi cleared up to hazy sunshine and the temp shot up like a rocket, low 80's by noon (86 now) and in rolled Mr. Humidity, well,,,,,,,,at least 65% of him did. I know it's a couple weeks from summer on the calendar but it arrived today and that is NOT a complaint by any means.:cool:

No idea on the forecast but it feels like some nasty storms could materialize later on. You know the feeling I'm talking about.

Aspen500

Reaction score
However,,,,,,,,,,,on the north side of Rib Mountain there's still snow. Darn stuff just doesn't want to melt.
snow june 10 2016.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
And just down the road from me they are cutting, raking, and baling hay as well as combining the wheat crop. Soybeans will be ready in a few weeks and the corn has finished tasseling.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Are the thick dark clouds in the sky supposed to go in circles? That just doesn't look right somehow.:eek:
It's looked like night since 5pm but all that's happened so far is one torrential 10 minute downpour with some thunder and lightning. Nothing more than gentle breeze for wind and it feels good blowing through the house, especially since the temp dropped from the mid 90's to mid 70's after the rain.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Don't have a basement. One of those slab on grade houses. It is built of concrete block though, so it's better than wood frame. In the vicinity near Rib Mountain, where I live, it's too expensive to do a basement so very few have one. Because of all the rock (as in gigantic boulders or just plain solid rock), a basement requires blasting in most cases.

Nothing ever came of the spinning black clouds, not even any rain. Odd.....................

volareandgtcat

Reaction score
Temp. right now is 86f ....... it's 12:30 pm and this is why I don't like summer so much ... temp of my deck
upload_2016-6-11_12-37-12.jpeg

In the somewhat shade of the upper deck
upload_2016-6-11_12-38-18.jpeg

Wait til the sun heats up the brick on the house and radiates that back on the deck. I will now start my long wait till fall.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm a warm weather person. We've got 87 degrees, sunshine and 62% humidity with a light breeze. Even though I love warm weather, with the humidity today you need to stick to the shade for the most part. That sun is brutal.
Supposed to be mid 80's again tomorrow but much lower humidity. I think the lawn mowing can wait another day, lol.

Heh-heh, if it gets too hot we can always go up Rib Mountain and play in the snow:D

Justwondering

Reaction score
89 degrees F and feels like 102 degrees F because the freaking humidity is 70% ... which is better than yesterday because it was 82 % humidity.
Got my work done this morning, early..

Aspen500

Reaction score
What a turn around from yesterday. Sunshine, light breeze, 77 degrees and instead of 62% humidity like Saturday, it's 24%. Darn nice out!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I think we sold all our rain to China.
Been bone dry here. We had one storm blow through a couple of nights ago but that's been it. Already had one fire ban up north and if we don't get more rain there'll be another one coming.

Other than that it's been perfect. Warm but not stupid hot and nothing but sunshine.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the thick dark clouds in the sky supposed to go in circles? That just doesn't look right somehow.:eek:
When the storm cloud looks somewhat like a tire at the beginning of a burnout, then you do need to start looking for a hole to hide in (or at least keep your options open and on the tip top of your thoughts).

Aspen500

Reaction score
Want some of our rain Captain? Started raining late last night and never stopped until about 2pm and it was only 61 degrees. Then,,,,,,,it stopped, the sun came out and the temp jumped to the low 80's within an hour.
Kind of bummed though, now I see it's completely clouded over again. I hope it isn't going to rain some more and it's back to the low 70's.:(

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Want some of our rain Captain? Started raining late last night and never stopped until about 2pm and it was only 61 degrees. Then,,,,,,,it stopped, the sun came out and the temp jumped to the low 80's within an hour.
Kind of bummed though, now I see it's completely clouded over again. I hope it isn't going to rain some more and it's back to the low 70's.:(

By all means. Send some up here.

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's nowhere like the forecast led me to believe today. Got about 90 degrees, mostly sunny and a perfect breeze of 5-8 mph. The forecast said "very humid" but, it's not (mid 30% range). I'd say it's darn nice out!

Note to self: This time of year do NOT walk bare foot on concrete that's been in the sun all day. Ouch...........:eek:

Back