Upgrades

Camtron

Reaction score
Here it is I feel like it's been totaled.

View attachment 52569
You’ll be solid in no time. The box I have here is a little too short but I’ll get my hands on one and get them out Monday.

IMG_7402.jpeg

mopar master

Reaction score
Can someone guide me in the right direction for clips. I've found some on Amazon for the rams but from reading on here they won't work.

Camtron

Reaction score
Those are about a half inch too short
Lmfao this like this is when you remember that the general public just doesn’t and never have gave a shit about our cars, lol yea, everything but 4 3/8” available

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Lmfao this like this is when you remember that the general public just doesn’t and never have gave a shit about our cars, lol yea, everything but 4 3/8” available
Let's face it, about 80% of the people who give a shit about M bodies are on this forum, the other 20% are too old hang out online or too young to use a forum.

It's also the reason I make low ball offers on ebay items. I mean, who else is gonna buy stuff, you guys? So it's a market of like, what, maybe two dozen people in the whole country?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm obsessed with my car and I wish more people appreciated these cars.

Camtron

Reaction score
now I can’t help but wonder where the molds are to make our clips, lol covered in dust sitting in storage in a factory long forgotten, scrapped and recycled to make space, sitting in some old timers storage from his time at the factory.

…Not that it would help for these clips but it does remind me, I found a guy named, Scooter down in, Kansas who makes some, Gen1 Ram parts and he’s open to make parts for us if we supplied him quality samples to work from. His parts look pretty damn beefy and the prices aren't terrible for the work/quality.

Links:
Scooters Custom Fabrication

Scooters Custom Fabrication | Pomona KS

IMG_7412.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

IMG_7414.jpeg

IMG_7415.jpeg

IMG_7416.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
We need to send him the police rear shackles and hanger. Ain't nobody making those. I've got a set soaking in evaporust in the hopes that they'll turn out ok.

I'd be curious if he would make the 5 leaf ISO brackets, maybe with a little bit thicker material, reinforced U-bolt holes, and with some drain holes on the bottom. There was someone making them, I can't find the link, but they wanted like 250 each for nothing special if I remember. I can't remember if they were 4 or 5 leaf though.

I'd say send him the rear sway bar frame mounts too, but seeing a couple sets go stale in the for sale section tells me there's no demand.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Firm Feel sells rear shackle kits for these cars. I'm using the same one.

B, C, E, F, M & J-Body HD Shackle Kit

As far as ISO goes, if I ever do another F/J/M car it's getting ditched for B body shock plates. I'll never mess with that shit again.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Firm Feel sells rear shackle kits for these cars. I'm using the same one.

B, C, E, F, M & J-Body HD Shackle Kit

As far as ISO goes, if I ever do another F/J/M car it's getting ditched for B body shock plates. I'll never mess with that shit again.
I said no one makes police shackles.... everyone and their cousin makes a version of the regular ones, I got mine from espo

I know the ISO delete is a thing, but I'd love to talk with a Chrysler engineer to see why they developed the ISO in the first place. I've got a couple theories

Duke5A

Reaction score
I said no one makes police shackles.... everyone and their cousin makes a version of the regular ones, I got mine from espo

I know the ISO delete is a thing, but I'd love to talk with a Chrysler engineer to see why they developed the ISO in the first place. I've got a couple theories

What's the difference?

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The iso thing was sipposed to be to isolate the suspension for better ride. I don't know if drain holes would be good or not. They'd let water out but also let more in.

I don't know how much of a demand there really is for the police shackle and mount.
There must have been a reason for it to begin with but people have been putting the normal one through abuse for decades with no problems. It would be neat if it was available but theres probably an extremely limited market for it especially at those prices. I think originally it was if a car had the rear sway bar that dictated what mount it had but for M bodies only police had that.

Camtron

Reaction score

Think the ISO takes a massive amount of snap and bump out of the suspension and road feel inside the car. I think it may also have to do with lowering the rear end ride hight to prevent a lever action that can bottom out the suspension when hitting rolling bumps that, throw the rear up the car up and would allow it to crash down heavily otherwise.

Are the AHB shackles just cold bent factory shackles to improve geometry or are they also thicker? Could probably make a jig or buy one of those Machete benders to modify a standard sets.

IMG_7418.jpeg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I think they'd be a bit longer then normal shackle sides to make up for the bend but it's not that hard to cut a strip of metal and drill holes in it. I was thinking the same thing but that the bending would be the harder part.

Camtron

Reaction score
I think they'd be a bit longer than normal shackle sides to make up for the bend but it's not that hard to cut a strip of metal and drill holes in it. I was thinking the same thing but that the bending would be the harder part.
Would make sense about the added length

Back