What wheels on my car?

slant6billy

Reaction score
I sold a set of Vectors around Christmas. Fronts were 15 by 8.5 with 3.5 BS and 15 by 11.5 with 4 inch bs. The guy who bought them needed real wide wheels to handle a 440 General Lee clone with 500 plus horse.

The real shame is try to find 15 by 10 or bigger. I had offers on my 15 by 12 slots as high as 500 - cash in hand. I won't sell em. Again my vote would be put widest dam rims you can, even if you have to get them made.

9secRR

Reaction score
i like the weld draglites but the old school centerlines look killer on these cars.

012 [640x480].jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Borrowed these just to see, they are dirty and need polished but you get the idea.

I do not like em at all lol, I am glad I borrowed a set before paying out the $$$$....

draglites.jpg

draglites.jpg

efriedrich

Reaction score
Never been a big fan of that style wheel.

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I like the weld wheel. Not hard to keep looking good with a quick monthly polish using the red ball from mothers. I think the lettering on those tires looks like the old west store front style letters though.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Well they are the fronts off of my little brothers dodge truck. His rears are 10" with like 3.5" of backspacing and N50s lol so I didnt even try em.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
always been fond of the old Keystone Classics . They make a turd look good .

Funny you should say that because I was seriously considering them when I bought the Cragars. They look great against the brown I had a set on it years ago. I just wish they would make them in a straight 4.5" bolt pattern.....

slant6billy

Reaction score
If you can find em Champ500s are a good match

I had 4 of these in 15 by 10 with 3.5 bs. Sold them a few years ago. Multi holes just don't seem right. As well, the huge "Bling Bling" Rap star gansta style wheels don't look right on a car from the late 70s / early 80s. Kind of like the 6 lug wheels on a dodge Dakota. Unless they are the RT wheel from the factory, nothing really looks good on the Dak. I'm a real pain in S about wheels. Too many crappy wheels on vehicles. "Dumb offset" as my firestone guy called it. It was front wheel drive rims on a rear wheel drive car. "Zero" out ward offset just doesn't look right to me and that is my opinion. The purest guys hate me because I like it when some one cuts a wheel and makes it "deep" offset to fit fat rubber on it. Currently, I'm looking to have my Ram SS/T wheels cut down in the front to 5 inches wide and widened out back to 13 inches with 4 inches of backspace.

champ 500.jpg

w7smallblock

Reaction score
I put the Jegs 5 stars on mine and after seeing your car it made me want cragars. I say put new cragars on it. I'm thinking real hard about changing mine and they're only a year old.

DSCF6827.JPG

Back