What wheels on my car?

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
These are the new cragars with the straight 4.5" lug pattern, no more unilug!

260-61C5451222.jpg

And these are the polished aluminum cragars-also straight 4.5" lug pattern...

260-612P541215.jpg

I am just unsure about it. I had Cragars on it for a while and they just got old, but I did get compliments all the time. They offer them in 17" too but I am not one for that look on the old cars, and the backspacing is like 5 1/8" on em instead of the 4.5" on the 15" wheels.

260-61C5451222.jpg

260-612P541215.jpg

alfatar

Reaction score
I like Cragers.I tried my son's 18 on my lebaron, the back looked nice the front was ok if i did not turn.Front tires were 255r50x17. He has them on a 78 Cougar and looks ok on that but it is a big car. The only problem if you get the same wheels again in your mind you spend money but no noticeable change.People who do notice will ask if you just cleaned them.
My father used to have a body shop and a lot of people were dissapointed whit their car because it looked like before only shiney.It was a mind game but real to some

Mike

jasperjacko

Reaction score
I like the factory "magnum wheels". They always light "right" on a mopar

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Wheels and tires are a tough decision for me, it is quite a bit of $$$ for one thing and i dont know which direction to go with it. Factory wheels like magnums or rallye wheels in 15" will look good to car people but flashy always seems to go further with the average passer-by lol.

I always liked the squared off look of a bias tire and i might as well just get the Rallye wheels in 15x8 and 15x7, i can keep em forever and get something flashy later....

1976RR

Reaction score
If you are interested in ralleys ... i have some original 15x6.5 ( 2 ) , and 15x7 ( 2 ) ... in nice condition ... 3 out of 4 beauty rings are MINT ... one rear with slight swirl marks on edge .... NOS center caps ( sombrarro type ) ... the rear beauty rings are the rare wide ones ...

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Never a fan of magnums really, I like the Rallyes but I need 15x8 and 15x7's, aaand I think I am gonna run "nut" style centers. I am almost definately gonna run a bias tire, G60s in the rear, I am compromising some ride and handling but I just like that old school look....

GoldFinger

Reaction score
Cragar S/S look vey good on F-bodies and your is no exception!I think your car is awesome the wya it sits!It screams 'street machine'!I've got NOS Gold Cragar S/S on my 79 RR,and I don't think it would look any better with a different setup!
You have one of the best looking R/T's out there.I am always looking foward to seeing more pics of your car and videos on youtube!

1976RR

Reaction score
Personally i like the factory exterior look ( ralleys ) and FACTORY white letter goodyears ( try to get radials ) ... better than the magnum 500s...... either way to put the 450 to the grd ... you will need to get a sticky tire for rear ...

WildCat

Reaction score
I had aluminum slots on my 1977 Aspen on DAY 2 with Goodyear tires, I loved the look but then got a set of 15x8 deep dish and 14x6 standard Crager SS and thought the Crager SS looked so much better than the aluminum slots

Don't care for the rally wheels on too many cars any more. The magnum wheels are so much better looking. Mine had magnums from the factory. If I were looking for a set of wheels and not going custom would get a set of chrome 15" magnums and the deeper dish for the rear

My 2 cents but looks like you have already made your mind up.

alf44

Reaction score
this might sound bad. but i junked my 93 ranger and it had 15 inch factory alum wheels with good tires so i used em on my 79 volare. the bolt patterns the same but had to open up the center hole about 1/16 inch to fit.the offset is a bit off ,the front wheel is close to the upper a arm but NO issues of rubbing. these are not the wheels that are going on when car gets finished just wanted 15's on and already had em.

R/T Mirada

Reaction score
Hey Alf
Don't worry about it, times are tough, make do with what you got till you can get what you want. Like Gunny Highway used to say "Adapt Improvise and Overcome" Just don't give up.

Back