FOR SALE 1980 Cordoba LS E58 car

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim berry

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello I hope a is well In mopar land
This car has been in my possession for over 30 yrs . I have probably put less than 10k miles since I bought it in 1991 .
the car has zero rust and comes apart like it was brand new .
Runs awesome (car was put to sleep 6 rs ago )
ORIGINAL E58 CAR
Things I have done to the car
Lean burn is deleted
Mopar performance distributor installed
Edelbrock thunder series 650 carb (have original thermal quad )
Edelbrock high volume fuel pump.
Transmission has been replaced with new Hughes street strip tranny ( I have the original to the car 727 lock up and converter) .
Front end has been rebuilt with PST components.
Drive shaft rebuilt and ballanced
Also have many NOS parts
Anything that was taken off the car has been sand blasted and painted and reinstalled
All new brakes
No cracks in the dash ,factory tuff wheel
Ac system has been completely gone through all new components ( engine compartment)
This is car is a very nice start to the hobby, It also suffers from the usual jobody issues ( rear quarter extensions,
headliner sag )
The quater extensions are remove from the car at this point , I do have some of those crappy replica plastic extentions .
Any questions please call 617 688 7317 ask for Tim .
Car is located in the Boston area and never driven in snow or rain .
This car is very honest in its presntation, all calls will be returned.
Reasonable offers please .
The car has just under 100k on it
all known deficiencies will be disclosed
Car and parts 9k

FB_IMG_1482221031426.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG950358.jpg

IMG950414.jpg

20170826_121043.jpg

20160521_143027.jpg

20160318_134000.jpg

Last edited:

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Sorry to see you're letting it go, but good luck with the sale.

tim berry

Reaction score
Sorry to see you're letting it go, but good luck with the sale.
Thanks Troy . it's not an easy decision after 30 plus yrs . But like most car folks there are a million other cars to consider. Sadly the next one will probably be an 66 Oldsmobile. I really want a 4speed . The other thing is not to hold on so long , so I can enjoy as many as I can before I croak , ha ha ha .
I appreciate your help with car and questions .
Also on a side note even if this car doesn't sell I'm in negotiations with a mold maker in Canada for the quarter extensions. we will see how that works out.

LSM360

Reaction score
E58 is a 360, right?
They are really impressive engines. Built all HD from factory and really impressive acceleration IMO for smog era cars. I was so impressed with my E58/A38 Aspen and miss it very much!!! With the factory Thermoquad it was a delight to drive and listen to! Back in the day, Police Car track testing showed it to be almost able to keep up with the 440 cars of the same era, only ticks over the 0-100 times of the bigger B body 440's.

My Aspen had obviously been beat to hell. And after patrol duty it served as a EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) car and was fitted with roll bar. So it took an extra beating of hard braking and lots of repeated WOT. I did re-seal engine and do a valve job, but the cylinder walls looked brand new!!! Compression was right at factory across all 8 cylinders despite the super high mileage and rough life!!!

MARCH374

Reaction score
They are really impressive engines. Built all HD from factory and really impressive acceleration IMO for smog era cars. I was so impressed with my E58/A38 Aspen and miss it very much!!! With the factory Thermoquad it was a delight to drive and listen to! Back in the day, Police Car track testing showed it to be almost able to keep up with the 440 cars of the same era, only ticks over the 0-100 times of the bigger B body 440's.

My Aspen had obviously been beat to hell. And after patrol duty it served as a EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operations Course) car and was fitted with roll bar. So it took an extra beating of hard braking and lots of repeated WOT. I did re-seal engine and do a valve job, but the cylinder walls looked brand new!!! Compression was right at factory across all 8 cylinders despite the super high mileage and rough life!!!
Did these cars get dual exhaust like the Police cars ?

tim berry

Reaction score

I know what you mean about the smog era motors ha ha not a great time for american cars. This particular engine has no problem pushing this car to a nice second gear chirp . Took my older brother for a ride and all he said was wow its been a long time since i felt that ,ha ha. this engine has had the heads re-done and the carb changed ( still have the original Thermo quad), and will bury the 125 mph speedo no problem .

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
E58 is a 360, right?
The E58 is the HiPo 360 4-bbl

20170826_121043.jpg

Question: It looks like the grill medallion has "300" on it, maybe. Is that correct?

Any chance you could take a photo of the fender tag, please?
20220211_124800.jpg

BudW

LSM360

Reaction score
From Chrysler's literature a bit on the E58 (and other Police engines): A large number of engines were available in 1976...all the figures below are conservative net horsepower figures. Chrysler advertised that all the pursuit engines (360/four barrel, 400 four-barrel, and 440 four-barrel) had a double roller timing chain, hot-pressed valve springs, chrome-flashed exhaust valve stems with hardened tips, windage tray between crank and oil sump, molybdenum-filled top rings, and a shot-peened cast iron crankshaft. On the 440, special connecting rods, high-strength rocker arms, high-load valve springs, and heavy chrome oil ring rails were used. On the 360, silichrome-1 high temperature steel intake valves were used along with heavy chrome oil rings.

tim berry

Reaction score
Yes that is a 79 300 emblem in the grill . I'm willing to bet the original LS emblem is behind it.
the tag is posted and the interior photos . will be posted on the weekend . I have to move my truck to get at the car . Also an inventory of parts that I have. .

tim berry

Reaction score
Additional information about the car
When i bought this car i had the original title and owners name and called him , he special ordered this car and had it from 1980 to 85. the car was not driven in winter . It was sold in 85 and then again to a dealer in Ma. in 1990 . In 91 I was looking for a 79 300 and found one . When i was at the mans house this was in the garage and i never looked at the 79 and i bought this instead.
Since I've owned the car its had very long periods of garage storage because life , verification of originality (back in the days before the internet ).I knew there was some thing special about it but could not verify it . Like all things cars I always had plans for the car ,but marriage ,kids ,job got in the way.
Around 2010 my wife said to me " why dont you sell that car it doesnt do anything " which i replied "Its pissin you off so thats something".
A few days later she hands me a new set of plates and says "happy birthday" , This mind you was in the middle of a major home renovation . I stopped that project and put the car into driving shape ,( rebuilt the front end with PST components, brake system new exhaust( temporary cheap, replaced all of the ac components (except air box components), complete tune up, removal of lean burn system, installed new Edelbrock 650 thunder series carb, also purchased an M1 dual plane intake ( not installed ) the carb was tuned and ran very well better the the original thermoquad ( still have the TQ ), the ignition system is mopar performance parts wires ,coil are MSD.
Fuel system pump was up graded to an Edelbrock high volume pump (thats rebuildable) into a regulator.
The original transmission was ( of the lock up type and still have it with converter ) was replaced with a Hughes unit with a 2500 stall converter . After the transmission the car was put up again on jack stands and has been there for about 6yrs. Fuel drained and stabil 360 ran through the system.
Rear sway bar added (Addco)
Rear Iso blocks changed out with PST components

This car was painted back in the mid 80s (about 1985) because it was sold to a Mennonite gentleman. The car was originaly white, everything was painted black,the fenders were removed,door jams under the hood ,, engine bay, trunk ect. The paint job sucks ( think Earl Shibes kid did it )
I had the door jams re painted around 1993.
The interior --- rug is original and good , Tuff wheel original and real good ,dash good no cracks all gauges work (still has 8 track and works last time i checked a long time ago).
bucket buddy seats are good with no rips . The previous owner (s) smoke pot and a (couple of bean marks in drivers seat passenger seat is really nice,rear ill call mint). I cleaned the interior just before i put it up and still smells fresh.
The car does have a sun roof installed( Dealer installed ? doesnt leak) it is manual and re-movable
Doors are rust free with manual windows.
A pillar molding passenger side has a crack half way up (i have a good replacement from northern California not installed )
windshield linkage was replace around 1998 2 speed wipers .
Nose cone on the car is in great shape no issues other than the paint
Rear end is 2.92 sure grip with the chrysler clunk ( I have an 8.75 489 case w/4.10 gears that does not come with car But will sell at an additional cost.
Rims are factory Rockwell 5 on 5 rims no road rash or pitting they were clear coated and need refurbished. all caps have 300 centers and cap chrome is good no pits
spare and factory jack are intact an do not look like they have been out of the car Never in my 30 plus yrs of ownership.
Tires are Dunlop radial GTs and are too old to drive on safely .
I know there is more but im old and forget things .
I will list all the parts i have for this car this weekend most of it is NOS very little is used and if it is it came off this car. ( I will not sell anything separately so please dont ask)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back