FOR SALE 1987 Fifth Ave.- Parts-What ya need ?

Wander-Wagon

Reaction score
Hey, the wheels are Good. A little crusty but should polish up fine. Cobra R mustang wheels... I'll check and see if they are 17 or 18's....
Hello, those wheels any good? Are they 17s? I wonder how they would look on a wagon?
Kramer, I'm sorry but I was i Carlisle and then on a big job...I havent been down to the shop...its 45 mins away

vforvelocity

Reaction score
Is all the shift linkage in there? I am looking for the transmission side bracket that holds the pivot bar and the kick down linkage from the transmission to the lower pivot.

Thank you

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking for the transmission side bracket that holds the pivot bar and the kick down linkage from the transmission to the lower pivot.
99% of all (automatic) FMJ's use the A904/A998/A999 transmission (or if installing the 4-speed version of A9xx) - They all use the same transmission bracket you are looking for.

If you have (or installing) a A727 (or the 4-speed version of the A727), then that transmission/bell housing shifter bracket will be different.

I don't have a spare of either version. I was only advising so you get the correct part.

vforvelocity

Reaction score
99% of all (automatic) FMJ's use the A904/A998/A999 transmission (or if installing the 4-speed version of A9xx) - They all use the same transmission bracket you are looking for.

If you have (or installing) a A727 (or the 4-speed version of the A727), then that transmission/bell housing shifter bracket will be different.

I don't have a spare of either version. I was only advising so you get the correct part.
I have a 1979 Lebaron, 318/A904. The transmission got removed a few years ago to replace the torque converter and those parts got lost somehow. Now just trying to get it ready to drive for the mean time. Long term there is a different plan but just being able to drive it around for now would be nice. I read on a reply to a thread that you posted that the linkage is the same or very similar for FMJ's from '76 - '89.

There are variations of that bracket that come off the ear on the bellhousing, which won't work for me.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The variant to that bracket is 727 vs 904. As long as the bracket is for the right transmission it'll work.
The other issue is the linkage arms on the transmission can be different depending on what vehicle the transmission is for. If you've got the right 727 or 904 pivot bracket that I like to call it and the proper linkages but they don't fit it's the arms that are wrong.