3" single exhaust on 1986 Diplomat?

mopower76

Reaction score
image.jpeg
just checking to see if anyone has tried running a 3" full single exhaust on a Dip/Fury/Volare/Aspen-etc...

On about everything I own first things first is either headers and full 2.5"/3" dual or single exhaust! Even my Turbo Minivan (Voyager) has a full 3" system out to the turn down at the rear bumper.
I'd be fine with 2.5" duals but I think a 3" single and a big turn down barely visible under the bumper would be really cool and subtle.
Of course if I don't run headers I will have a 2" into 2.5" y pipe that will go into a full 3" to a Flowmaster or Magna Flow but I want it to go 3" all the way to the bumper in the stock locations.
My Runner (Petty Blue) had duals that dumped before the axle. I want to avoid that.
There is no need for 3".... I know, so no need explaining that it will not ever need that much.... I like it, and it's mine.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Mopar to ya!

Grandmas84

Reaction score
I lot of people have run a canadian catless y pipe and then run a 3" pipe out to the back passenger side. If running headers i would run 2 1/2" duals out to the back. The only problem is the gas tank is offest to the driverside. You can get around that by moving the gas tank over one rib. Thats what i did. Check my video you can see i moved the tank over.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Don't use flow master. They are not the masters of flow. They are the masters of noise however.
--- Post updated ---
I have headers, 2.5, 3.0 y pipe, borla pro x and 3.0 tail pipe in stock location.

Grandmas84

Reaction score
Hello

Is the filler pipe long enough to handle being moved a rib, if not what's the trick to lengthening it?

Thanks
Bruce
I actually had an extra one laying around and lengthened mine by 1 1/2". If you don't have access to a welder you could always cut yours in half and just use some 2" fuel rated hose to extend it

Back