360 going in the doba

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been a bit quiet lately, been playing around with another thing that interests me down under and that's jet boats. Have a look here I am the bald guy on the left with the bright yellow life vest

Anyway my 360 arrived from the USA last week, I have been busy working on it, took the oil pan off and looked inside, can see hone marks in the bores, pistons look good can see 30 stamped on the inside of them, cam has pointy lobes, doubler roller timing chain, high volume oil pump, took a main cap off and the crank/bearing were clean and has double valve springs, so what I have got is a mystery!

Anyway 360s are not that plentiful in New Zealand so I bought this one off the list in LA cause it is cheap to ship from there. Came out of a 72 Charger, block is date coded 74 and heads 75-76 castings and the trans is a 904.

Anyway I spent some time with the degreaser and a wire brush and have made some progress on its appearance. What do you think of the color?

From what I can find is this color was used for the 1969 340 block and big blocks.

I just looked at my photos and what is interesting is all the stuff I have in my garage! Can see my doba in the back ground ready to have dents removed. (see black circles) My workbench, drill press, jack and compressor, looks like a full on workshop but its just my little garage :)

See You
Bruce

e1.jpeg

e2.jpeg

e3.jpg

hb.jpeg

pan.jpeg

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
HI Guys,

Ok I have fitted some K&N breathers, RTV the valve covers on and fitted a new thermostat. Its look like a bit of a rainbow :)

See You
Bruce
--- Post updated ---
318 came out on Saturday was in a worse state than I thought, 2 burnt valves and frost plugs in the back were rotten. Bottom end is good though, its going to get some heads and into my friends 67 Plymouth Fury

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Yes these work of love cars that burn holes in our pockets that end up costing us more than what we paid for the car take time to come together, now if that aint already a famous quote it ought to be :)

Back