360cu Engine Upgrades

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
jasperjacko is right on the money with both of his comments. I had a pretty miserable time getting my Performer RPM intake to fit under the hood. What made things worse is that I needed a 3/4" adapter so that I could run a Carter TQ on that square-bore intake...all in all I ended up having to run a drop-base aircleaner (16") and the clearance was still pretty tight.

Anyways, at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to sell you stuff, I do have a Weiand Stealth intake here, it is 7507, supposed to be equivalent of the Perfomer PRM piece. Used piece that along with numerous other purchases over the years is just gathering dust...not sure where you physically are located on our Canuck side (BC maybe judging by the PW reference), but if you want it make me an offer and we'll figure out how to get that into your hands.

For what it's worth, the Performer intake will hold you back, no doubt about it, just think about how that's missmatched to your converter stall speed! I'm a little surprised actually that none of the guys have pointed this out so far, especially in light of the fact that you intend to use your ride as a weekend toy.

You need your combo to be matched, and what I'm gathering from your feedback so far is that you are not primarily focused on having a super smooth idle, great vacum and a completely docile setup. So if you want the giddy-up-and-go setup, why choke it with a small intake?

So here is a little Auto P0rn...who doesn't want to just sit back, crack open a cold one and talk bench-racing on the subject of various auto parts, right? lol

intake compare front.JPG

intake compare side.JPG

intake compare top 1.JPG

intake compare top front.JPG

Trivium91

Reaction score
jasperjacko is right on the money with both of his comments. I had a pretty miserable time getting my Performer RPM intake to fit under the hood. What made things worse is that I needed a 3/4" adapter so that I could run a Carter TQ on that square-bore intake...all in all I ended up having to run a drop-base aircleaner (16") and the clearance was still pretty tight.

Anyways, at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to sell you stuff, I do have a Weiand Stealth intake here, it is 7507, supposed to be equivalent of the Perfomer PRM piece. Used piece that along with numerous other purchases over the years is just gathering dust...not sure where you physically are located on our Canuck side (BC maybe judging by the PW reference), but if you want it make me an offer and we'll figure out how to get that into your hands.

For what it's worth, the Performer intake will hold you back, no doubt about it, just think about how that's missmatched to your converter stall speed! I'm a little surprised actually that none of the guys have pointed this out so far, especially in light of the fact that you intend to use your ride as a weekend toy.

You need your combo to be matched, and what I'm gathering from your feedback so far is that you are not primarily focused on having a super smooth idle, great vacum and a completely docile setup. So if you want the giddy-up-and-go setup, why choke it with a small intake?

So here is a little Auto P0rn...who doesn't want to just sit back, crack open a cold one and talk bench-racing on the subject of various auto parts, right? lol

View attachment 40222

View attachment 40223

View attachment 40224

View attachment 40225

Im in Alberta, ill hit you up when i get everything else in. Trying to hang on to my pennies as much as possible...COVID and and unstable economy. How much are you thinking though?

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
...How much are you thinking though?

You research the prices, I have no idea what they go for today. Price out the shipping since that's not going to be spare change either...heck CanadaPost, even the slowest of the slow options will still cost a few bucks.

IM me when you've got something in mind.

I bought this thing waay, waaayyyy back like around 2005...somewhere Mopar Inventory spreadsheet I probably have the buy price, I'll look it up.

Trivium91

Reaction score
Car is done guys, im spinning tires in 2nd still lol. I ended up going with a XE275HL with the performance world Mopar heads and single beehive springs & PW adjustable mopar rockers. The rockers were a huge pain with all the shims though to get it right. Installed a performance world ignition aswell which is pretty much identical to MSD but for half the money. Car has a NICE lumpy idle and hauls some serious A** when the tires stick better on a warm day. In fact the sounds changed completely, its louder and sounds straight up mean...way more fun to drive. I read some similiar builds and i suspect im slightly over 400HP at the crank.

Trivium91

Reaction score
we need video asap
Working on it, been really busy. Ill shoot a video of it starting up and running. I need to do some suspension work though as its wondering a bit on the highway when the road is crowned...when im done that ill take it to the track and get the wife to take a video. I also did those custom MSD plug wires, so i need to install the new wire organizers i bought.

Trivium91

Reaction score
I Guess the other question is whether or not to keep my 2 x 10" subs in the back. They add likely 200 LBS with everything, i noticed an increase in traction...so this is a good thing? It made it harder to spin the tires before but now thats not a problem.

Back